What's the meaning of Stonehenge?

It's killing me that no one knows, why it was built 5000 years ago?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 16

• The truth is- its a marking made by aliens, the ancient alien races who made us as slave species to serve them, aka our gods. This markings are all over the globe, in form of different monument, temples, forts, on the point of earth's energy grid.
    Such places have shown a higher electromagnetic interference now and then, thus this spots are considered to somehow, be like a natural energy sources, we don't understand or know how to use.
    i0.wp.com/.../worldgrid2.gif
    People made temple at this spots, as gods visited this spots to use that energy.
    Although some physicist claim this hotspots can be use as portal to jump from one point on this planet to another, or to another planet.
    http://www.crystalinks.com/becker-hagensmap4.jpg
    Yes you didn't get any of it I know, don't push hard leave this mathematical stuff you hate to smart scientist

• It was built and rebuilt several times. In a time before Christianity. It is therefore probably "Pagan", for the want of a better name. Built in a time when humans were only interested in survival.

There have been numerous theories about it. I think the most convincing theories point to some sort of astronomical calculating machine. Whether of not this included religious events, to appease any gods or goddesses of the time, to coincide with astronomical events such as eclipses is anyone's guess

• A group of people who were living without internet got together and said...

"This sucks, we have no technology, no fucking WI-FI, no HD porn... and people 5,000 years from now will have all that shit. Say! Let's fuck with their minds a bit and arrange some stones in a queer manner so they'll be all confused trying to figure out what we were doing here!"

• 2|0
  • What? You didn't know? You've been missing out Amy...

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...25d41ea7b1.jpg

• 1|0
  • 2|0
  • The Meaning & Mystery of Stonehenge

Stonehenge may very well have been built with a specific purpose in mind, but through nearly 5,000 years of human history its true meaning will probably forever remain a mystery. Whatever its true purpose, it seems certain that there has to be some reason that the Stonehenge landscape has continued to mesmerise generations upon generations, leaving us now only to wonder about what could have happened there so many thousands of years ago. Whether designed for scientific purposes to track the movement of the sun or as a religious, mystical place of healing and worship, Stonehenge is a distinct monument in that it really can accommodate or perhaps even resist any meaning we attempt to ascribe to it.

There ya go Amy :D.

• No knows it's just one of those ancient mysteries that who's meaning died with the people that created it.

• Let the great band "Spinal Tap" explain it to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETOEhMXEkdI

• Nobody knows. Some say it was used to worship gods. Some others to calculate astronomical movements. Some even say aliens used it for landing ships.

• It was used for rituals, a landmark for UFO's to spot when they were landing, and there's also something underneath it that modern humans haven't excavated yet.

• Hahaha.

I get it.

• It's an unfinished game of dominoes played by giants, duh.

• I always thought it was like a ancient experiment. ?

• cos it's how it is...

What Girls Said 7

• I watched a documentary about that the other day. So I will try to sum up what I understood.

Stonehenge was built at the end of the stone age. Which the stones they use to build it is from wales. Which is interesting since how could they move it? They tried out different theories to that. Anyways They think stonehenge was a place to bury the dead. They did find some cremated bones there. Though since there weren't a whole lot. They think only a selected few where placed there. Which Stonehenge took hundreds of years to build. First they dug a ditch which apparently is called a henge so that explains that part of the name. Though to lead more on why stonehenge would be a place for the dead. They found this other place kind of like stonehenge a little ways up the avon river. Which had homes and other things in it. Which they think represent the living. So then they would use the river to connect the 2. So they think people lived in the other one. So if someone died they would go down the avon river all the way to stonehenge to bury them. At least that's what they documentary was thinking, lol.

you can watch it to get a better understanding of what I tried to explain, lol.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl6PaGi270Q

• If I seriously knew the answer to this, just think how much I would be worth! lol

• hahah totally agree!

• @HookingSwan.. I would never, ever dream of doing such a horrid thing to you.. Period.

• ok. I'm sorry if I said something I wasn't supposed to. Was only joking :)

• I am not sure.

• The way it's set up makes me think it was probably for some kind of religious ritual. I am not sure.

• Its just rocks in a circle. But that I want to know is why no one knocked over yet. :P
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caoWkQ_ndDA

• One of the first places of worship found in Europe during the neolithic period. It s like a temple I guess.
    I forgot I remember the teacher mentioned it in the general history of art :p

• Ask some Celtic druids, lol :P