Do you think Subway's image wil be hurt after the Jared Fogle Scandal? Why or why not?

I was just thinking about this after watching that episode of Dr. Phil where the episode was about him.
So, here's the thing the only reason he was their spokesperson was because he said eating Subway all the time helped him lose weight and people believed that. So, now that everybody knows he's a creepy little pervert, don't you think it would make people question whether or not his claims of eating Subway and him losing weight are true or not? Like, maybe there was more to it then eating Subway which wouldn't be good for them because all the people who believe eating there can help them lose weight too, won't want to eat there anymore because they'll wonder if it was all a ploy or not.

So, what do you think? What are you thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it had an affect right at first..

but, unless people found new places they liked more, most are back to Subway already...

and really, just because of his issues, doesn't mean he was lying about losing the weight.

and, didn't all his issues come AFTER he lost the weight?

What Guys Said 8

• probably not much, but i know i will not go there whatsoever anymore considering they did know about his sexual deviancy for years and did nothing until they were forced to.
    www.eater.com/.../former-franchisee-claims-subway-execs-new-about-jared-fogle-in-2008

• No. Subway will be fine. They disavowed Jared and fired him immediately and Jared didn't complain recognizing his guilt.

• I don't think Subway will be affected at all... and they shouldn't be affected. It wasn't like Subway knew about Foyle's child sexual abuse.

Business shall move on.

• Unfortunately maybe cause fuck society.

• Yeah it'll be hurt but definitely not enough to take down such a large corporation

• I don't really think so.

• not to bad, I don't think most people even really associated him with subway much anymore

• nope, he sold sandwiches, he never claimed he wasn't a pedophile. Even pedophiles like sandwiches.

• I know, but he pretended to be someone he wasn't. You don't think it will make people question whether or not his claim of Subway sandwiches helping him lose weight are true or not?

• plus its science, 260 calories vs 360 calories for a small light burger at Mcdonalds.

What Girls Said 5

• No one think subway will help them lose weight? In what planet?

• Maybe, I didn't explain myself right. He was spokesperson because he claimed eating Subway and Subway alone, was what caused him to lose weight. That is what he said, that is what people believe and that's why he became the spokesperson. However, now that everyone knows he's a creepy pervert living a double life, maybe they start to wonder if Subway was even the reason he lost weight at all. I mean, if could pretend to be this perfect guy who he is in fact not then how hard would it be to say Subway was the reason he lost weight when maybe it wasn't?

So, what I'm asking and saying is all those people that believe Subway was the cause of his weight loss and see how dramatic it was would probably eat there in the hopes it will work for them too. But, now that all as been revealed about him maybe they start to wonder if his reason for his weight loss claims are true and they stop eating there and then Subway loses business. Does that make sense now?

• okay... i just thought you were upset about it!

• Nope, I was just curious.

• The prices affected me first so I really wouldn't eat there, plus the workers always have an attitude problem. The scandal just made things a bit worse for me.

• That shouldn't affect it

• Nahh.. i will still eat subway sandwiches.

• Nah... But Subway is going to struggle with the fact that a lot of fast food restaurants offer produce type options - some of which are doing it fresher/better.