Have you ever gone hunting?

Or if you haven't, would you want to? What do you think about hunting?
.
Have you ever gone hunting?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I haven't. In my country you can't just go hunting like that. In order to even get a permission to own a gun, you need to be able to prove to the government that you need it for a specific purpose and you need to do mandatory training (contrary to what many Americans believe, gun restrictions in Switzerland are actually very tight). Furthermore, you need another permission to go hunting. Because we're a small country, our forests are protected by professional gamekeepers. They're employed to look after the forests. Hunting is one part of their job but there are many different things as well, such as making sure that the diversity of trees remains large enough, cleaning the forests from trash, cleaning up tree or branches of trees after big storms etc.. Because our forests are small, the number of animals that can be hunted per autumn (hunting is only allowed in autumn) is restricted. If anyone hunts more than this official number, you get a pretty severe fine. So the whole thing is rather complicated. Unless you plan to become a professional forest keeper, it's very hard to go hunting as a regular person. Switzerland loves rules and regulations.
    If I could go hunting (maybe in a different country such as Canada or somewhere in Scandinavia) I think I would like to try it once. Not so much because of the shooting though. I'm not a big fan of guns. I just would like to experience the whole process of getting up very early on an November morning when the fog still lies heavily on the forest, go up into once of those tree stands, wait for a deer, shoot it, go down and sit next to deer in the grass for a few minutes, thanking it for its sacrifice, cutting it open and gutting it, taking of the skin, cut out the neat parts of the meat, take them home and cook a great dinner in the evening.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes, I have. I plan on going again this year, firearm deer season where I live starts on November 14th.

• Never, I'd like to but not animals. Pedo's and Rapists. Hunt them down, and give those children (victim of molestation), men and women (victim of rape) justice.

• Not saying that they shouldn't be punished for their crimes but outright murdering them is not the way to do it.

• I don't mean killing them on spot. I men kind of like a bounty hunter, but don't accept payment :)

• nope never. to be honest i dont think id wanna, unless I'm shooting cans or something. not animals.

• Yes, I was. I do it very often. I even use a thermal weapon, because it is allowed to use even without licence. I have a lot of them, because I adore hunting and everything like that. http://www.atncorp.com/thermal-weapon-sights is good option

• I have not, but I would like to.

• No. I don't know if I would like to

• Never. I went fishing once and I swore never to do it again because it's fish abuse. Killing a random deer without a purpose (like eating it), is just like killing a random puppy. I can't just take some random animals life like it's all a "game". Life is not a game.

• Surely you're vegan then, right?

• Yup. I stopped eating meat and stuff a few years ago.

What Guys Said 9

• I hunt and as long as its done 100% legally and humanely its good wildlife management. Poachers should be shot on sight and left for the vultures

• I join hunting seasons almost every year, but I kill wild ducks only :) I want to participate in legal bear hunt few months ago, even purchased special smart HD sights ( http://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-weapon-sight ), but I couldn't do that - can't kill huge animals like bears, deers, etc.

• Yeah I have and I don't enjoy killing but it's a nessesary part of life, I only hunt strictly for food, never for pleasure or sport. I do enjoy to target shoot though at a range or something.

• No, and I don't want to.

• I've been eel hunting and fishing before. Whenever I caught something I felt bad and couldn't force myself to finish it off. I love life too much I guess.

• No, and maybe. I don't like hunting purely for sport, but I could do it for population control and enjoy myself nonetheless.(Like in Middle Tennessee, we have a really big problem with wild boar.)

• Never done it. But I like guns and would love to use them against animals.

• its fine if its not just for game.

• Whatever you kill, you eat. Killing for fun is just stupid.