If girls usually live longer than guys why do they go after older men?

Why would you want to outlive your husband by more than 10 years? That sounds insanely depressing.

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to understand that the statistics are just that: statistics. What matters is what happens to YOU, not what happens to 100 people overall.

Two statisticians go hunting and see a bear. The first one shoots and misses by 5 feet to the right. The second shoots and misses by 5 feet to the left. They look at each other and the first statistician says, "Well, on average, we hit him right between the eyes!"

• But the statistic of life expectancy plus the man being much older will almost always end in the guy dying first.

• A friend of mine's wife died, so after grieving for a while he met and married a much younger woman, knowing he would die before her. He made all kinds of preparations, a will, insurance, etc. for their kids. So, their planning to go to Florida, and packing. He hears a thump in the bathroom and goes to see what happened. His wife's dead in the tub.

Statistics are great if there were 10 of you, but there's only 1 of you, and you have to do what feels right for you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they seem to have everything together!

• What do you mean?

• Older men are Fine as hell bc they have all their personal shit together! They have a good life and they can make you a better person!

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe that's exactly why they do, so they will outlive their husbands, and presumably reap the benefits of what's left.

• Simple... because whether or not they are consciously aware of it, what women are most attracted to in men is their ability to provide for and protect them, and older men tend to meet that need better that men their own age.

What Girls Said 1

• That is the only reason I am afraid to be with someone who is 10 years older than me. I want him to stay with me. I don't want him to leave before me.

But I did some thinking and I don't know. You never really know when you will die, so why worry about the future like that?

I would worry about the present instead and make the best of it.
    And to answer the other part, I don't know why I have always been attracted to older guys.