Is this stupid to anyone else?

I went to the store today in a small town in washington. I bought a huge basket full of groceries and when i paid for them and asked for a bag they told me "it will be 3.00 a bag if you would like to purchase a bag". I thought they were joking but they were serious. Apparently there is a "ban of plastic and paper bags in the town" and they are not allowed to hand out bags to customers. Wtf? I asked the how the fuck i was supposed to put my groceries in my car without bags. They told me"we can give you 3 bins for 5 dollars each" i told them no. The manager told me that the city was trying to save resourses so they decided to ban bags to make things easier. How the fuck is me having to take my groceries individually and put them in my car? I do not understand their logic. ADVICE?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's nothing you can do but go along with it or move. If you have any bags at home bring them with you next time

Most Helpful Girl

• ya I don't think its fair!

What Guys Said 3

• I agree, I heard California is doing this, and it is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. they are just misguide in what would actually help things. if you shop their often you will have to buy a reusable bag

• its to make you reuse bags and with good reason. google plastic bags and the enviromental impact will make cringe if you have any interest in the future of the planet

• if you still want to live where you are living, you can just buy a bunch of big canvas (?) bags and bring them when you go to the store so you dont have to buy overpriced bags and also SAVE MOTHER EARTH.

What Girls Said 3

• Bring empty boxes with you and put your grocceries in there. Or bring your own bags from home.

• I think it's a good plan but a horrible way of making it work. Charging $5 for 1 bin is stupid.

• Some stores started doing it in where I live too but $3? Wow.

They charged me 50 cents or 25 cents I think.

I would just say take a shopping tote with you next time. :)

by the way, did you end up paying them the money?