I put my phone in the microwave and now it's not working?

I asked Yahoo how I could dry my phone because I dropped it in a puddle. Everyone was telling me that Microwave waves can dry it from the inside out, so I tried it out.

It was scary!! I thought the whole thing was going to blow up... now it's not working? HELP!!

Updates:
This was a blatant troll question...

0|0
7|5

Most Helpful Girl

  • *face palm* -_-

    Next time try asking GAGers instead of Yahoo answers... For the most part we'll give you actual advice instead of making you look like an idiot.

    I would recommend getting a new phone and also if this happens again get some uncooked rice poor it into a plastic baggy put your phone in there and zip it shut. Leave it alone for a few houra and the rice should've sucked the water out/dried your phone.

    0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

  • Never put metal in a microwave unless it is made for it and the microwave directions allow it, such as a shelf that comes with it. And in case you missed the key word it is never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never!

    0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

  • Sounds like you fried your phone. Sorry, but the people on Yahoo were pulling your leg.

    0|0
    0|0
  • I hope you're trolling...

    1|1
    0|0
  • Such an idiot, good grief.

    0|0
    0|0
  • *facepalm* that was NOT a good idea!! You should have just put your phone in a bowl rice, that would've worked so much better. I'm pretty sure you've just ruined your phone...

    0|0
    0|0
  • Put it back in there with an empty chip bag.

    0|0
    0|1
  • That's common for some phones. But it in the oven so it dried completely.

    0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

  • You fried your battery and probably some internal components.
    If this is true you're an idiot and you should seek mental help.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah there's no fixing that. Your phone is done.

    They were joking they didn't actually think you'd do it. Also I'd love to see the question on yahoo.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Looks like you need to start looking for a new phone. Never stick anything electronic in the microwave, best thing to do when something electronic gets wet is to quickly power it off and immerse it rice for a couple hours or till completely dry.

    0|0
    0|0
  • oh god... metal and microwaves do not mix...

    1|1
    0|0
Loading...