Centre of gravity?

When my girl Hannah was younger she did gymnastics anyway she carried it on for a long time just doing it for enjoyment alongside her ballet training till she was around 23 when she started teaching ballet and yesterday she was showing me a home video with her in a amateur competition that her mum had recorded and her sister had converted to DVD.

Hannah was a natural performer on the floor (never seen her smile so much) she won the floor part I was really curious though watching when Hannah performed on the balance beam was Hannah's naturally lower centre of gravity (I know most say a girls cog is around her hips) helping her to do all the flips and somersaults or was it practice or likely a bit of both

pure curiosity guys I am was never brilliant with physics at school

Sorry just a quick fix where I said was helping I mention the beam and say was I meant to say would
Sorry phone is acting up even that came out wrong !

Most Helpful Girl

• Generally a females cog is in the middle, and a males is at the top at his shoulders (most guys have wider shoulders than hips)
    Things that are top heavy tip over more easily

Most Helpful Guy

• you weren't brilliant at English either :P, jk. anyways, what's your question?

• Sorry phone is ruddy awful my English is pretty good , I was trying to establish if Hannah's lower centre of gravity was helping her to perform on the beam or if it was a combination of both training and cog

• damn, bruh. your phone hates you. it's a combination of both. the taller you are, the wider the area of support needs to be. the further from the center of mass something is, the slower it rotates.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• I know Michael Phelps's body proportions was very instrumental in his winning all those swimming medals