Do you think Michael Jackson was better when he was 'black'or 'white'?

Most Helpful Girl

• I really don't know how to answer this question lol. I never loved Michael, but I liked his songs when he was younger and part of Jackson 5. Sorta a side note... one of my medical school instructors was a pathologist involved in the healthcare of a lot of celebrities. He told us that Michael Jackson accusations about race change was more than just simply that. He actually had vitiligo, which is an autoimmune disease where a person's immune system destroys melanin-producing cells which give your skin color. Skin diseases are known to cause serious impact on patients' self esteem, so imagine how that must've been like if you're a celebrity constantly under scrutiny. On a black person, the vitiligo diseased areas look like very prominent white spots that can't regain color again since those cells were destroyed. Since he couldn't bring color back to those areas, he likely opted to have his melanocytes throughout his body to be destroyed to even out his skin color hence why he ended up being so white. As for nose job... doesn't every other celebrity get a nosejob?

• This makes so much sense. Thanks :)

• Lol he had a lot of noise jobs tho. He messed with his nose, chin, jaw, lips and forehead multiple times. That kind of restructuring even once is friggin murder and can destroy you. He actually got ADDICTED to it. Really frightening and sad stuff :c

• @AnOrdinaryGirl45 You're welcome! :D My mind was blown when we learned that. It's really hard to know what's true when it comes to so much of the news surrounding someone as famous as MJ!

@Bimbobambo Yeah, I don't know why he got a nosejob like that... part of me wonders if it accidentally went wrong or I don't know... maybe he liked it?

@jjmarvin That's true, he might've had a real addiction with cosmetic procedures or some kinda body dysmorphic disorder. I'm more likely to think that vs thinking he was ashamed about his race, but admittedly, I haven't researched much about MJ ever so I don't know what his justifications were.

What Girls Said 10

• I say I like him black!

• i think he looked better black because that was his natural ethnicity's skin tone but I really loved his music white or black. To me, with his long black hair and white skin, it made him look like a pale person. Still hot, but pale looking. I liked his 90s songs a little better though, don't know why...

• What does his music have to do with the color of his skin? And regardless of how many times he bleached his skin he'll always be black.

• he was black when he came out with his epic 'Thriller' album... so black

• Didn't everything he was accused of happen after he went 'white'?

• We are almost always better looking the way we were made originally.

• Michael is boss no matter what he is. He is forever black tho...

• When he was caramel lol at least thats when he was sexiest. His best record was off the wall and he was black then.

• When he was black.

He looked good.

• Never cared for him either way...

What Guys Said 10

• Black. And he was much better looking.. The white Jackson looked like he's straight out of a Horror movie.

• I liked his songs. He was the only artists that made pop music that I actually liked :/ I believe that he looked better when he was black but well. I only liked his music and didn't bother with everything else.

• Technically he never really changed only on the outside, but personally I loved his music regardless of whether he was black or white he was a great musician.

• He was good until he had too much surgeries

• I actually only liked him up to Thriller, so you do the math.

• Well he was never white. He had a skin pigment condition so he had procedures done to make his skin more uniform. You can't change races.

• The only race I see is the 'human race', solely basing the question on 'appearance'

• Oh.. fuck.. in german that makes sense but I guess literally translated it doesn't work cuz you have your own word for this.

• @Bimbobambo ahh i see. So you translate it differently. Interesting.

• Black or white... he was on a league of his own. A trendsetter.

• As the king of pop said... "It doesn't matter if you're black or white".

• Now I believe in miracles
    And a miracle had happened that time...

If you're thinking about Michael Jackson,
    It doesn't matter if he was
    Black or White!

Look-wise, yes he was better when he was black. About music, he was always great! <3

• 0|0