Please differentiate the following "You're a special girl/boy/person" to "You're a good girl/boy/person"?

If you could either define or differentiate what they mean to YOU (or you could do both)

The poll answers will be in regards to this: If you were to describe someone as a good person. They are optimistic, nice, friendly, just a good hearted person overall, what word would you see more fitting?

Thank you for the help :)

• I would use the word special to describe them (you're a special hearted girl/boy/person)
  • I would use the word good to describe them (you're a good hearted/girl/boy/person)
  • Other/see results
sorry people! Describing of the opposite gender! My freaking bad 😂😅

Most Helpful Guy

• The first means your slow.
    The second you did what they want so your special.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm for me both mean quite similar. Good or special. But good girl is more general description and special is rarer

• If you were describing a friend what would you think is more appropriate?

• Thank you for MHG

• That's ok

What Guys Said 11

• I think when someone says "special" it means they like you romantically, to them you stick out among the crowd. "Good" is more like something you'd say when it's just a friend and you wanna let them know you admire their character. Na' mean?

• The word "good" sounds so generic, "special " sounds better!

• telling a girl she is special to you is more fitting than "good"

Good is something you would say to a kid.
    Anyway the small details dont matter the wider meaning is more or less the same

• Good just sounds like I'm talking to a day, lol

I'd go with special. Also it implies that they are more of a rarity.

• Do you think that's on a platonic level?

• I dont think Id call someone that unless they were a close female friend or I had romantic interest in them.

• Mmm thanks bandit ☺️

• special is a vague term used to make people better without actually giving any real compliment

• The second one sounds like something you would say to a dog for getting your newspaper.

• To me, the difference is that "special" jumps out more in the positive way. He or she does things for you than only 10% of people would.
    A "good boy/girl" is just a nice person, not differentiated from other nice people.
    You're special :D

• Yeah I was thinking "you're a special person" is associated on maybe a more romantic level where you're a good person is just stating that they're a good hearted person overall. I don't know, that's why I'm asking what people think. I wouldn't say "you're a special person" if they weren't special to me, you know

• Yeah it's a good subject for a discussion :D
      To me, my best friends and my closest family members are special. And of course my girl the day I'll have one!
      Many collegues and other relatives are good people.

• "Good boy" sounds like your talking to a dog.

• special sounds like you're talking to someone with down syndrome and good sounds like you're talking to a dog.

• Good hearted is the best for me...

• Yeah that's what I would of thought. Thank you for commenting

• I avoid using "good boy" or "good girl", it sound like you're talking to a pet.

What Girls Said 3

• Eh, "good" is more generic for me. Not that it is wrong to say by any means, but "special" is more special to use. :P If I say that to someone, they have really done something to show their worth to me, meaning that I probably trust them and maybe love them more, not necessarily in a romantic way either.

• Two minds thinking alike Hun. I really take it as it's literal meaning. There is no funny business or hidden meaning when you take them for there face value meaning. It just makes sense to me. But I don't know. I don't think I'm being irrational if I see the word "special" being used a something romantic

• Great minds think alike in this case!

• Haha for sure my darling lady 💋

• I was told by a person once that I was special and I don't like hearing the word special because people use the word specialneeds to describe someone like me that is disabled and if I herd other people telling eachchuther that say they feel special I usually would feel offended because there using the word special