Would you date somebody who kept a gun at their place?

Most Helpful Girl

• If he had a permit/license for it and kept it unloaded and locked in a safe with the bullets in a diff location

Most Helpful Guy

• Firearms have always been a part of my life from a very young age and I do have a few so I would hope My Girlfriend has no problem with it and when we've discussed it, she was more willing to learn and use them than anything haha
    That being said, I have no problem with her having a firearm at her place, with that, if anything I'd feel better knowing she was safer having that protection

What Girls Said 26

• Yep, I certainly would. Especially since I have guns at my own house as well so... it's not a big deal to me. I'm comfortable around guns.

• no because I would be scared.

• Yeah I feel you. I would be scared to.

• Yes i know... I bought a lot of clothes... thou hahah so it was defintely not a scam.

• Lol that is good that it wasn't a scam.

• Yes. I would prefer someone who keeps a gun at their place, and preferably on their side. Either way mine will be on my side, so I'm safe.

• Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with having a gun.

• Sure, as long as they don't shoot me.

• I wouldn't be bothered. As long as its not loaded and in a proper gun case with a lock and stowed away deep down in the woods somewhere, where he will need to fight off a dragon, climb a rickety old castle and kiss a princess to retrieve it.

• Let's say we have an horrible argument, then what he will do? He probably will take his gun and kill me. So, it's no, no and no for me.

• if you don't trust him enough not to murder you, then you obviously don't trust him enough to be in a relationship with him.

just because he has a tool to murder doesn't mean he will. what about kitchen knives for cooking? a blunt object like a baseball bat for when he plays? is he not allowed to have those either? he doesn't even have to be armed if he is strong enough. in fact, all of the things i just listed are more deadly than a gun. murderers don't murder unless they think they can get away with it. but if he uses a gun to kill you people will hear the gunshot from a mile away--which almost guarentees his arrest. he would be better off killing you with something more quiet.

sounds like your ideal man is one with no hands or teeth

• First, yes, I'm aware that you never said anything about kitchen knives or baseball bats. I was pointing out the flaw in your logic by calling attention to the fact that you are afraid of guns but not other potential weapons.

Second, when did i ever bring up anything about a gun making him "more or less of a man", or what kind of men you like?

• Baseball is not a popular sport where I live, so normally people don't have baseball bats.
      And you said: "sounds like your ideal man is one with no hands or teeth". For me that's the same as saying that a man who doesn't have a gun is weak or it's not a "real man". And you also talked about my ideal man, that's why I made a comment about the type of men I like. @Frost_Byt3

• I'd rather he didn't. I wouldn't feel safe with a gun in the house

• of course as long as they didn't bust it out when i pissed them off. haha

• Lol that is true. That would be my concern to. If they get pissed off they might whip it out. Can't let that happen. lol

• haha! but if they are mature and have it for a good reason, then i wouldn't mind at all. it might make me feel a little safer.

• Haha lol that is true. And you make good points.

• Sure, as long as he never used it on me.

• Yeah that is true. I always try to hope for the best with everything.

• Sure why not.

• my family has over 12 rifles in an unlocked gun cabinet and i would date him as long as he did not threaten me with it.

• Wow that is cool. That is true about the guy threatening. I think he would have to be a cool guy.

• As long as he actually knew how to use it properly I would have no problem with it.

• as long as its not used on me...

• Great, more ways that I can be killed and stuffed into a freezer.

• Lol just don't date a creep or a killer.

• As a Canadian, chances are higher that they would be a killer if they kept guns as our laws only allow guns for hunting.

• Wow I guess that is a big chance and risk. That would make sense if they didn't have a hunting permit for the gun.

• I would love that XD

I've always wanted to shot a gun

• Um... sure. I'll show him mine if he shows me his first. ;)

• Of course I would.

• hell yes and be happy about it

• I would be a hypocrite if I wouldn't considering I have a couple of my own at home.

• no wtf, it's illegal here

• yes. i see no problem.

• no why do u carry a gun?

• I live in a rural area, so most of my boyfriends, if not all, had guns.

• Sure why not...

• Nope, he will blow it someday.

What Guys Said 15

• I am not sure if I would. I grew up and still live in New Zealand. New Zealand is mostly a gun free society. Hardly anyone has a gun here. I am just not use to guns being around, they scare me.

• Guns are just not part of New Zealand society at all. I am pleased about that to.

• Wow the cops don't have guns their? Wow I could imagine how different that must be to go to a country where cops have no guns. The crime rate must be so low down their. I bet your jails are half empty to?

• They do not have guns on their hips. New Zealand is a safe country for sure but like any country things happen just a lot less than other countries.

• Sure if I felt she was emotionally stable lol

• Sure, no problem.

• I always carry a gun on me

• growing up in america i find it hard to say no

• yes I would

• What type of gun we talking here?

• Any type big or small?

• If it were a rifle I'd assume she used it for hunting, if she kept, say, a glock, then either I'd be concerned or just trust her.

• That is true You would have to trust her and not be afraid to be with her even though she is strapped.

• Yes as long as hers aren't bigger than mine

• Sure why the hell not? I keep keep a gun in my house too.

• No because I will most likely break up with her, and that gun could come in handy for her.

• no one minded when i had it.

people who demonize guns are ignorant.

• Yep. I'm an avid shooter so finding someone that would share the hobby would be great

• yeah hahaha wtf difference does that make?

• hell yes :P im from the country so that's common place :P

• yes I would.