Has anyone seen the movie called Shining?

I am babysitting my 10 year old nephew and want a fun movie that we can both enjoy. The preview looks like it is a fun family movie and I love Jack Nicholson but I know some of his movies can get a little intense. The last time I had him he got bad dreams from Ghostbusters so I don't want to make that mistake again. What do you guys think?

Okay, sorry. I just thought it was funny.

Most Helpful Guy

• great movie for the whole family. the best part is when jack axes his way through the door and says something about being home (haven't seen it in a while)

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, I have seen the Shining multiple times now. It's not scary to me, but interesting. The book is kind of scary.

• Did you see the shining mini-series? it is apparently much closer to the book but it just does not have the same feel of a crazy Jack Nicholson and terrified Shelley Duvall.

• I haven't seen that one yet, but I'll check it out sometime!

• Yes i have!

• totally good for kids, right?

• Aw yeah, pet sematary was a good one as a kid pretty funny now watching the kid run around with the scalpel at the end.

• Aw... now i wanna watch it! hahah!

• Dont. 😐 just... don't.

• The shining is a horror film dont watch it if ghostbusters scares you. Ghostbusters isn't even scary though

• yeah I know. just thought it was funny. did you watch the video?

• omg the video makes it look like a funny family movie! super fake though

• Well yeah, but it is just so well done it looks like it could be a legitimate happy go lucky movie.

• Don't watch it, I never got over that movie lol

• If memory serves me right The Shining is a Horror movie.

• Just messing around, did you watch the video?

• Didn't have to I watched the movie years ago.

• The video is a re-cut of the movie with voice over and music to make it look like a family film, a pretty convincing on too.

What Guys Said 4

• LOL I was going to comment without watching the video, then I remembered the SPOOF on it.

It is not a movie for 10 year olds though.

• Haha I've seen this before it's great.

And yeah it's a good movie I think kids should watch it.

• Trolling, trolling, trolling the ocean blue...

• total troll lol, but anyway yeah no not a movie for a 10 year old at all.

• Not a troll as much as a joke. Did you watch the video? totally looks like a legitimate family film.

• Lol yes I did and it's very convincing until you know jack goes crazy and tries to murder his family with an axe.