Chocolate is poison to dogs?

Is this true? I've always been told so. Dogs eat most foods that fall on the floor, but I heard chocolate is really bad for them.


0|0
5|1

Most Helpful Girl

  • Yes it's true. Dark chocolate and cooking chocolate have the highest level of theobromine compared to white/milk chocolate. Small amounts will cause the dog to vomit or have diarrhoea. A lot of chocolate may result to heart attacks, internal bleeding and maybe even death if not treated fairly quickly. It also depends on the size of the dog as a small dog will fall ill quicker then a large dog. It's poisonous nonetheless.

    0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

  • Yeah, I've heard so too... that it's not good at all :S

    0|1
    0|0
  • Chocolate is definitely poisonous to dogs. This is because chocolate contains theobromine. To humans it's not toxic because we can metabolize it quickly, but it builds up in the dog's system, allowing it to get to poisonous levels.

    1|1
    0|0
  • yes and so is everything else on this list
    barkpost.com/.../

    0|1
    0|0
  • It is poisonous to them, it damages their kidneys or liver. You can buy doggy chocolate, but hey shouldn't have the human sort!

    0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

  • They just can't digest a lot of it but it doesn't kill them if they eat like a piece

    0|1
    0|0
Loading...