How many times do you buy gas for your car in a week?

And how much do you spend?

i fill up mu gas 3-4 times a week. I always do fill my fuel tank until its full (from almost empty to full). Everytime i buy gass its around $74 so in a week i spend $200- $300.

I see im the only one who fills my gas tank more than twice a week. Do you think this is normal?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't drive much. I'm guessing that I only fill my tank about once every 6-8 weeks on average.

3-4 times a week is most definitely not normal. That's like a thousand miles a week or something. I've never heard of anyone going through that much gas unless they have a sales job or something where they drive a lot for work.

There was only one period of six months when I filled the tank twice a week. I had a long commute of 35 miles each way.

• I think i do that because the traffic here is really bad and i drive a lot. Not cause i need to get to somewhere just cause i like yp drive lol

• That's a huge amount of driving. So about a tank every 10 hours. That sounds like a reasonable amount of gas for that many hours. You're going to wear your car out real fast. Do you do a lot of repairs on it?

• Told you, i like to drive lol. No not really only like minor things, for a 13 years old car its still in a very good condition i would say. My drivers took a very good care of it :p

Most Helpful Girl

• My cousin whom I roommate with here in PA, Fills the car half way full Once a week for me and it usually takes around $20.00. Gas is way down now and has been for awhile.
    He takes his Tractor Trailer rig to where he needs to travel to work and I am in my area working or running errands and it usually lasts a week. His car is very good on gas. To fill it up, Dead empty, would be less than $40.00. He also gets good gas mileage with Mitsubishi car.
    Wow, sweetie, that is a lot for the week so I assume I am safe in Assuming it is some sort of SUV that you are driving. And it seems before you can even see a dollar of any of your pay check for your own pocket, the Gas tank sees it First hand.
    Good luck. xx

• Im actually surprised by the answers i got here. I didn't know that people spend a lot less than i do on just gas. No i dont drive SUV I drive a sedan. Merc-benz s class

• Good idea until the trucks come a gassing to keep you going.. Good right now though that your folks have a good business to keep the flow going. xxoo

• Thank you, sweetie, for the Vote of Confidence, and with gas NOW going up again, the DOW is Now... DOWN. xxoo

What Guys Said 17

• You keep going back and forth about who is driving. You say one time that you are driving it, then you say that you have a driver. Who is driving? And you said that you enjoy driving, but then you said the traffic there is so bad, so you are doing a lot of sitting in traffic needlessly (35 hours a week).

Roughly $250 a week on gas just because you like driving around is ridiculous. Where are you getting that money?

I use my car to get to and from work, to the gym, and to various meetings on the weekends. I usually get more than a week out of a tank of gas. I think a tank of gas goes about 350 miles for this car.

In addition to gas, the extra mileage adds to wear and tear so more maintenance costs. And even if you get only 20 miles per hour driven, you are getting about.700 miles per week, or over 36,000 miles per year, so a lot of maintenance costs (including tires) and increased insurance costs. Sure wonder how you are paying for all this.

• Im driving it but my driver is the one who brings it to the shop if it needs to be serviced.

Got the money from my parents. Well my parents pays everything for me not just this

• Why do you have a driver if he never drives you any place? And your parents pay hundreds of dollars every week so you can just drive around? Interesting use of a hell of a lot of money for you.

• He's more like my moms driver but he takes care of all the car in this house. Well its not that much money for them, so..

• Don't know what kind of car you have but I fill up my Mustang 5.0 twice a week for a total cost of around $80 bucks.

• Back when I drove to work, I'd need to fill my car maybe every week and a half. My bike would need it every week.

• maybe once every other month. i ride my bike most places and to work.

• Only once every other or 3rd week. I have a hybrid 😎

• I can almost go two weeks before I have to fill up again. Cost me $30-$35 depending on the gas prices, recently only paid $27 to fill up.

• Once every 6-10 days depending on traffic and where I go on my day off

• 3-4x a week is A LOT

I have to do it once a weak and that's already much more than most people do. I currently pay 0.95 - 1€ per litre diesel so I pay about 40€ a week

• If I fill up the whole tank, I get gas around once a week.

• Once a week. Usually. $10 fills it halfway enough fot my errands a week

• I can normally go about 2 weeks until I need to buy gas

• I fill my tank twice a month on normal driving behavior.

• I don't drive a car buy my bike (FZ-07), around $9 once week

• Not that often. I don't usually drive it very far to work. Probably once every 2-3 weeks.

• I have a car that I have bought for about up to 1 year now and I only drove like 4500 miles...

• Once a week.

• 80 to 90. i need premium gas.

What Girls Said 9

• How much do you drive?

I drive a truck. It costs me the same as you to fill up. But I try not to drive too much. I can get by filling up once a week.

And during the school year I walk almost everywhere so I fill up once a month :p

• At least 35 hours a week.

• Then that makes sense. I think my mom fills up 3x a week too. She drives a minivan though and it gets like 30 miles to the gallon or something... she drives... lots lol

• I havr a minivan too. My brother drives it a lot but he doesn't spend as much money as i do :(

• We fill the car up once a month for like 15-20$. How many miles are you driving?

• i don't i ride the bus

• I fill up my gas tank once or twice a week, depending on how much I'm driving. Each time, it's around $35 to fill it up.

• What are you driving? A V8? Lol

My car takes $60.00 and it last me a week.

• I don't know i think its v6 though

• Whoa that is way to much sweetpea 😱 Do you drive it every single day? You must be driving it to the other side of the world and back to put gas in it lol

• Ikr. I drive it everyday, the traffic here is unbearable so maube thats why

• I fill it up like once every two weeks and it only takes like $25 to fill it full from empty.

• Probably once a week, depending on where we are going that week.

• Once a week , 30 bucks tops lol

• I fill my car up every 1-2 weeks, and it costs me between $45 and $60 for a full tank. I drive around 2 hours a day.