Why do people tell me to believe in myself?

Like, for instance, my friends always say I overanalyze with girls and stuff, and that I should believe in myself, yet my analysis is always correct and I fail and end up rejected in the end.

33

Most Helpful Girl

• I read somewhere that what we think are bound to happen. If you believe you will fail, you will more likely because you fail to see the bigger picture and focus on the "possible" things to happen. So optimism would help bigtime to turn things around. The more positive you are the more likely you would do great things. One will exude more confidence if he/she believes in him-/herself.

In the end, if you feel that it won't workout even if you tried, well at least you tried... :)

• How's that possible? Sure, I consider the positive outcomes, but also relate to the more likely outcomes

• yeah, but you still tried for a chance, didn't you? or else if people don't try and overlook all their hesitations then no one will be in a relationship. Besides, not everyone are lucky enough to meet their perfect match SO in first try.
      "relate to more likely outcomes".. sometimes we "assume" things the way we wanted to so our actions COULD be limited to that unconsciously... that's why believing in oneself is important

Most Helpful Guy

• Better advice is to stop giving a fuck

Just stop with analyzing, completely.

Rejection happens, and will happen several times. You don't always catch a fish when you go fishing, but, you still gotta cast out that net to give yourself a chance.

• Yes, but, naturally ill begin starving to death and casting the net becomes pointless because I'm dead center in the middle of the Pacific Ocean where it's generally devoid of life, and, all the sparse amounts of time a random fish emerged it swam away, as I grew weaker and hungrier each new attempt, eventually starving to death in the open sea

What Girls Said 2

• Because if you don't believe in yourself your screwed!

• They're just trying to make you feel better.

What Guys Said 2

• LMAO More depressed questions from you.

• Because they just want you to do it. Try and try until you make it.