In need of Coping Skills.. Please help?

I was recently diagnosed with an Unidentifed Anxiety Disorder.
How do most people cope with anxiety and irrational fears? These irrational fears are from one extreme to the next and it scares the living hell out of me, and then there's my anxiety.. it makes me aviod going out on dates.. hanging out with people.. i'm a recluse and i really hate it.. I need coping skills to help with these things...

Most Helpful Guy

• I have had anxiety problems over the years on and off..
    Exercise is my best coping method, along with plenty of sleep and a hours meditation every now and then during the week.
    For social anxiety, maybe join a club? Meet some new people and get out of your comfort zone

Most Helpful Girl

• I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) and Panic Disorder when I was younger. It drove me to become agoraphobic (afraid of public places). What has helped me cope with anxiety is positive self talk. Remind yourself constantly that you are just like everyone else, that nobody thinks you're weird or strange, and that nothing terrible will happen to you. Slow down, pay attention to what is really happening around you, and tell yourself that you're fine.

You can also try breathing exercises to help calm you down when you're feeling anxious or panicky. I like to do 5 deep belly breaths. Place one hand on your lower belly and the other hand on your chest, under your collarbone. Sigh as if someone just told you something completely ridiculous, then take a slow, deep breath while pushing your stomach out as far as you can. Then, suck your belly back in again as you slowly breathe out through your mouth. Your hands are just there to control your movement; the only part of your body that should be moving is your belly. Your chest should stay as still as possible.

If you are feeling anxious in public, don't be afraid to tell someone! From what I've experienced, a lot of what makes anxiety and panic attacks in public so scary is that we are trying so hard to keep it hidden for fear of being ridiculed. But once you tell someone "hey, I'm not feeling my best right now" or "I feel a little anxious, do you mind if I go outside for a bit?" that weight is lifted from your shoulders and it makes feeling better so much easier.

Good luck! 😊

What Guys Said 1

• Analysis. Is it reasonable is it not? What causes it what triggers it etc?

What Girls Said 2

• When I get anxiety and I feel like i can't cope! I take small deep breath in and out! I I try to tell myself everything will be okay everything will be okay.

• (((Hugs))) With my anxieties, there is always some awful experience that started it off until it grew out of control. I try to confront whatever troubled me initially. Sometimes your anxiety is warning you to stay far from danger and the feelings are simply overwhelming. Inbox me if you'd like.