What would you do in this situation?

Earlier tonight I picked up chiptole for my dinner and was walking to the bus station to go back to my apartment. I passed this homeless guy who was sleeping next to a bench. It was dark and kind of chilly and windy. I had the urge to go up to him and give him my dinner but I did nothing and just kept walking. I thought to myself at the time that I didn't want to wake him if he was indeed catching some zzz's. Would you have done it? I'm trying to decide if I really wanted to just not disturb his sleep or if I actually didn't want to give him the food or interact with him and was trying to rationalize it. Let's assume you don't mind giving away the food. I kind of feel a little bad.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd leave them. If they're sleeping.
    One time, by boyfriend at the time and I were going to set off fireworks at a park on the baseball diamond. But I noticed there was a homeless person sleeping just a few feet away so I told him not to do it even though he wanted to. We set them off near the bathrooms instead.
    Same concept. Homeless people have enough of a hard life as it is, ya don't want to disturb their slumber

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably not. I generally don't wake sleeping people. But last night there was a young guy asking people if they had a spare blanket. It was going to be a cold night. I didn't stop for him, but the thought of him out in the cold unprotected really got to me. I walked the rest of the way home, then got in my car and drove back and saw him on the street. I gave him some money and told him to go to the Goodwill store for a coat.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Well if you live in Oregon or Washington you might have saved him from a real bad experience.