Ouija boards - hoax or the real deal?

I HAVE had an experience (not saying what) with a board before, but I'd like to hear your opinions.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, it's been proven to be a hoax repeatedly, so I'll go with hoax, but it can be fun. The movement on the board is due to the ideomotor phenomenon. You can actually feel like there is something 'mystic' happening because of that, which then makes you look at the answers provided and interpret them based on subconsious thoughts or things you wouldn't say without the prompting from seeing the planchette on a specific location. So in a way it can kind of work like interpreting tarot cards. But test after test have shown that it is not moving because of spirits. I mean, the thing was just 'invented' by an employee of a novelty company that made 'talking boards'.

So, no, not the real deal concerning 'spirits', but you can glean information from it by interpreting where your subconscious mind moves the planchette through the ideomotor phenomena.

Most Helpful Girl

• I possibly wouldn't touch an oujia board with a ten foot pole.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• It's just another board game that can even be bought at Toys R Us. Hoax.

• My thoughts, exactly. If someone thinks they can contact spirits and ghosts with a Toys R Us game, they're extremely susceptible to nonsense.

• It all depends.