What makes you uncomfortable?

With me, it's when people stare at me, and don't look away for a long time. My friends does it a lot with me now, because they find my reaction hilarious

Most Helpful Guy

• For me, it's sort of the opposite of being stared at. Being stared at is no problem for me because it all comes down to self-confidence. I get stared at alllll the time in my every-day life because I was born almost blind and because of this I sometimes behave in ways that must seem very clumsy or odd to people who don't know anything about me (I trip over stuff, I walk in a slightly funny way, I accidentally bump into people etc). I've learned to live with the stares quite well. My self-confidence is big enough that I can just ignore it and tell myself "oh well, let them stare if they feel the need to".

What makes me really uncomfortable is when people don't give me any eye contact during a conversation. This is important to me like to everyone else because I still have a little bit of vision left and when I'm close to somebody (for example having lunch with another person) I can see their face and their facial expressions etc.. Now, when I mean "not giving enough eye contact" I don't mean "being shy and looking at your feet a little too much". That's no problem. I don't mind that. But I have a good friend who - despite me generally liking her a lot - really gets on my nerves when I have a conversation with her and it's just the two of us (for example when we have dinner together). She doesn't just look at her feet from time to time, she looks into a completely different direction. And she doesn't do this for a few seconds but for one or sometimes several minutes without any eye contact with me whatsoever. So while I'm sitting across from her and telling her a story, she would for example look to the right and watch the old couple next to us eat or she would follow the waiter/waitress with her eyes (even if they do something very unspectacular) or she would look to the door of the restaurant and watch people enter and leave. She also doesn't nod and she doesn't give any verbal feedbacks such as "uh" or "uhu". She just quietly stares into a completely different direction or right through me for the whole dinner. It really, really bothers me because it makes me feel as though she's not even listening to me and she doesn't care about what I'm saying. I've told her a couple of times that it makes me very uncomfortable but she doesn't seem to be able to change it (or maybe she doesn't want to). She would just say something like "I don't see the problem, I'm listening to you." It can be very annoying.

• I find that quite rude of her actually. But thanks for the reply, hope it gets better

Most Helpful Girl

• Urgh, I hate it when people imitate something you have said in a little whiny voice. Makes me feel soooo uncomfortable lol and it's so humiliating

What Guys Said 14

• People eating bananas

• I am uncomfortable when my underwear is too tight.

• When I walk into a room and people stare -_-

• When people are shooting at me

• Does that even happen or do you just play a lot of Call Of Duty? lol

• Liars make me uncomfortable.

• when people get into my personal space

• Being kicked in the bollocks.

• Creepy thoughts, Couples arguing, teens asking for sex advice on gag, Religion and Ribbons on cars.

• when you fuck something up and people still talk about it
    had it happening since 3 years rip

• When people talk to me like I'm mentally ill just because I'm in a wheelchair.

• Hey, I know exactly what you mean. I have been born with a very strong visual disability (I'm almost blind on both eyes) and I experience the same thing in my every-day life (not all the time but from time to time). There was this lady at the bus stop once who talked to me like I was a 3-year old toddler or, as you put it, mentally ill. I just kind of swallowed it but later I wished I would have just said to her "Ma'am I might be blind, but I'm not stupid".

• Exactly, I get that often too, like you say it's not all the time, but it's enough to be a pain in the arse haha. It really wears on me too when I'm with people and somebody speaks to them about me as if I'm not capable of speaking for myself.

• When someone is calling me at 2am.

• My phone is on silent 24/7 frl, that also does that i never take my calls 'cause i never hear it.. But whatever

• I hate it when i have to like stare someone i the eyes when i talk to them. Just no.

• I feel Un comfortable when people look at me when I don't score a goal if I don't win my fight

• What are they looking at? Your butt, camel toe, boobs, hair, ?

What Girls Said 11

• When people ask me "Are you OK?" or "Why are you so quiet?" in groups :/ It's like... wtf you want me to say?

• When people stare me down, check me out shamelessly, try to hit on me in a way that's completely off-putting, strangers touching me in general... stuff like that.

• When some older men keep making eye contact with you and you catch them staring at you up and down.

• When people watch me, or make extended direct eye contact.

• these days, everything makes me it

• When a group of people stare at me while I'm alone.

• I hate being gawked at too. makes me feel dirty.

• Having sticky fingers/hands. Ugh.

• When people talk about their weight or other physical things they are unhappy with... Because I can't compliment them they'll think I'm lying... So I just sit there, awkwardly...

• When people watch me eating. Ugh hate that.

• When people are just assholes to me out of nowhere.