Is it okay for another guy to like me when I'm in a relationship?

There is this guy I know and he keeps asking if we could hang out. Is it okay if he likes me even when I'm in a relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's okay that he likes you, you can't avoid it, but it's not okay for him to try to be with you if this is really what he wants. You're in a relationship and he should respect it.

What Guys Said 3

• Even in a relationship, you are allowed to have male friends. However, I'm not sure about "hanging out". I don't, as someone from the UK, really know what this means.

I would say do NOT do anything unless your boyfriend knows about it and gives his approval. It's a very grey area. Some guys, like me, are pretty easy going, as long as it's just friendship!! Other guys are immature and become insecure, leading to all sorts of problems.

You are best placed to know your guy, so only you are in the position to judge how he would take it. Do NOT have secrets from him. The truth will come out when you least expect it.

• It's fine as long as you don't do anything to entertain his feelings. No hanging out with him by yourself (if it's a group thing then there's no harm in that), no flirting, etc.

• Love is blind know?
    He'll you're relationship or anything :)

What Girls Said 4

• Well you can't force someone to like you or to not like you. Just don't hang out with him if you know he has feelings for you. Make it clear you're taken.

• He can like you, yes... But you shouldn't entertain his advances and tell him you're in a relationship.

• Yes but that doesn't mean you have to approach him.

• It's fine, but don't hang out with a man you know wants to be with you, without your boyfriend. Just asking for drama there