How critical is product placement in this ad?

Also, do you find it offensive or inappropriate?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• Well, it's pretty important considering that that's where the humour comes from in the advert, and it's what's going to make it stand out and be remembered by consumers. I guess it might be inappropriate but I don't really see a problem with it.

• I think it's a pretty lame joke, I mean, I didn't laugh or chuckle.

But the placement was absolutely necessary to the punchline.

• Hah, this was funny. I don't see why it was pulled. We have freaking teen shows with sex scenes but a little bit of subtle humor is offensive. Okay...

• Apparently it was deemed derogatory towards women by the placement of the wine glass in conjunction with the reference to tasting 'the bush'

• Meh, I didn't find that part derogatory. The best part was when she said it and realized where she placed the wine glass and acted embarrassed. Oh well. It reminds me of the K-Mart Joe Boxer commercial where the PTA moms were getting upset and wanted it pulled. XD

What Guys Said 2

• It's funny, and it's an ad for an adult product so what's the problem?

• Exactly, which is why it shouldn't have been pulled...

• It's undoubtedly hatched-faced old hags who are angry nobody wants to taste their bush any more. Otherwise known as Daily Mail readers.

• "Always taste the bush"