Let's settle the biggest philosophical debate of the year... Is a hot dog is a sandwich?

• Yes
  • No
also, if anyone wants to give an opinion as to why they do or do not think it's a sandwich, i'd like to hear it! :D

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• sandwich/ˈsændwɪʧ//ˈsændwɪdʒ/Listen (US) Wikimedia Commons File Description

1. A snack formed of various ingredients between two slices of bread.
    cheese sandwich
    2. Any combination formed by layering material of one type between two layers of material of another type.
    3. To place one item between two other, usually flat, items.

conclusion;
    Hot dog does not have two pieces of bread therefore it is not a sandwich.

• is a hamburger a sandwich?

• To be fair, you're debating a difficult side of the argument.

• it really i. like i said, i 100% don't believe it's a sandwich, but i had a tough time actually giving reasons for saying it (hamburgers too) is not a sandwich beyond the fact it's on 1 piece of bread. i kinda had to make it up on the spot. but i do like what matty ice said:

"It’s like saying a corn dog is a sandwich. Is that a sandwich on a stick? What’s next? Men wanting to marry goats? This is an outrage of the highest order!"

What Girls Said 5

• I don't call it a sandwich personally, but it technically is. I felt funny looking up "sandwich definition" but meat between bread, a hotdog, really is a sandwich. But i don't like calling it a sandwich so i jusy say no.

• It's meat between a bread, so it's a sandwich, right?

• I want you to make me a sandwich. t

• hot dogs are not sandwhiches, when did this become a debate

• I think it would be. It's got bread, it's got filling.

• And before you start with the "it's between buns, not bread" - It is between two slices of bread. I am not paying 3.00 for a sack of 8 hotdog buns when I could pay 1.99 for a loaf of bread. To me, it is a sandwich.

What Guys Said 8

• The issue with the hot dog is the bread is conjoined into one, a sandwich is 2 slices of bread. Technically, a hotdog bun is one piece of bread.

• So it is in fact a sandwich, however I would really think of it as one. Here is the definition of a sandwich

Full Definition of sandwich:

1
    A :two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between

b :one slice of bread covered with food

2 :something resembling a sandwich; especially :composite structural material consisting of layers often of high-strength facings bonded to a low strength central core

• Hots dogs are sandwiches. And pizza is an open faced sandwich. 😰

• Sandwiches are a stack of multiple ingredients. Like a tower of pancakes. Hotdogs are more like a sausage crashing into a bun's soft bosom. . . . I'M INNOCENT I SWEAR!

• They are sandwiches! A sandwich is a food that is consisted of a variety of foods in between two slices of bread.

• It's not a andwich because there is only one hotdog. Sandwich has to be a mixture.

• dude its a semi-sandwich unless its a sausage roll then it comes under pastries

• Is pizza a pie?

Yes