Girls, how much younger would you date? Guys how much older would you date?

I 'm specifically asking this because on average, it's more socially acceptable for a woman to date an older man and for a man to date a younger girl.
I usually say that I will never date younger than me, but weirdly enough I crushed on guys younger than me (by a few months) so I would go to one year younger max.

• Guys: I would never date older
  • Guys: I would date older (how much older?)
  • Girls: I would never date younger
  • Girls: I would date younger (how much younger)?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• The equation to determine if someone is too young for you or not is take your age, divide it by 2, & add 7.

So, since I'm 22, half of my age is 11, plus 7, is 18.

Barely legal. Haha.

• So it;s 17 for me whooo @Jared____ I can date you haha :p
      But I'm not sure if it's legal though :S

• It is in like 12 states 😂

• @Jared____ I don't think it's legal in France though :'(
      @KBob93 I'm 20 so the oldest I could go is 26? Umm makes sense, but I think I might go up to 30 :p

What Guys Said 55

• Yeah I think I'd date a woman in her 30s. I'm attracted to women that can handle their own business and there's a stereotype that older women can do that.

In my experience, I've noticed younger women tend to have more expectations of a man just because he's a man and not because he's an individual. Like I'd never be one of those guys who beat their chests and get into fights to prove something. Violence should be avoided at all costs in my opinion. That's just one example.

• Older?
    5-10 years I don't see why not.
    I'm confident in my abilities.

• Hmmm
    That's a familiar question and relates me
    The first girl I was in love with was 8 years older than me 😶
    I know it's weird but don't make fun of me ok? i don't lie here
    She was a hopeless crush and after 4 years it finally ends and reason was I don't know if it was good or bad
    And yep I would marry her so that's my age limit and tbh my ex was 3 years older than me 😉

• I would go as high as my mom, however if she's still well put together and still got some spunk about her I can make some things happen there.

• Anyone in 20s. I've pretty much only dated younger than me

• I could date younger or older naturally. Was together with a woman who was 20 years older than me. Age dosent define maturity, wisdom nor intelligence and given the right guy or girl you can easily fall, regardless of age.

• I prefer 18-24.

• I'm open to dating older women! The girl i'm talking to now is 2 years older than me, if u consider that older! :)

• The oldest I would date would be around 25. I actually prefer older women, even if it's only by a couple months.

• I'd date a woman up to 49 and as young as 18, if there is chemistry why not be open about it, doesn't mean you have to marry and all that shit.

• I'm 23, I've dated early 40s, 25, 28, 31... I like them.
    I've few experiences with 19, 20. But it didn't last long.
    The longest was dating a 25yo girl for a month half +,
    no exclusivity for me yet at this point, just playing the field.

• 10% is my rule, in both directions.

• If I were dating... I would be fine with a women up to 50. As long as she could keep up with my lifestyle then it is all good!

• 7 years each way granted she's legal. That being said you can't help who you fall in love with so there's exceptions.

• Women are picky as fuck I am out

• I prefer the girls to be younger... not because of looks but just in general. how much... difficult to say an exact number, but probably not more than a couple of years if we are talking about a real relationship and not just some quick fun lol

• id date I don't know probably up to 45 or so but i would marry up to 25 maybe.

• One year and one month older

• I would date maybe 1 or 2 years older

• No more than a couple years. Even then I'd be hesitant.

• 17 youngest.
    20 oldest..

But if I really like them I can make exceptions

• I would, at this point in time, date a girl who is at max a full year older than me.

14-16 is just too big a maturity gap.

• For me, it's more about the connection with the person that age. I am 35, but in my mind I still feel 25. So if I connect with someone, age doesn't really matter as long. As I enjoy that person and have fun with them

• I really don't care much about age (ofcourse they need to be consenting adults)... so I am willing to date even much much older women... and when it comes to younger she should be at least 19

• I prefer the girl being a bit younger than me, but in the end what matters is being compatible.

• I'd date 10 years older haha

• 38. I love MILFS.

• Oldest I would date is 18 years.

• I'd say 2 or 3 years older seems optimal

• Older, depends, maybe +3 years, maybe 5 max, really depends on the girl, so it could be more than 5, but nor more than 10 thats for sure.

• More from Guys
    25

What Girls Said 33

• Right now I would strongly prefer not to date anyone younger than 18, because it would be a bit weird, younger guys usually are still immature.
    As for older, I could possibly go all the way up to 29. I'm open-minded when it comes to older, after all it all really depends on the person, what's he like, not how many times he has been around the sun, y'know?

• My age range is +/- 3 years.

When I was a small little child I was like, "Of course I'll only date older guys," but then I met my boyfriend and we fit so well together that I figured I could overlook the fact that he is 2 years and 2 months younger than me :p

• i like them to be around my age and when im older ill let it slide about more to around 5 years diffrence... but right now only older or same age guys thanks.. it matters how mature they are in my thoughts. I did have a younger crush and was very unhappy by it back then so itd be harder to perk my interest.. mostly i can't say much guys my age aren't mostly mature enough to date.. so really i think it depends on how old you are and how you feel about how people who grew up in a slightly diffrent year act.

• Now... I wouldn't date younger, maybe one year, just one, BUT, if the person looks older... I wouldn't care. I mean, I've seen 13 y/o girls that make you go DAMN... but I don't know dude

Older, fuck yes, I have a huge thing for older people. Even 20 years older, I wouldn't care.

• Girls: I would never date younger!
    I am not dating someone younger it would be like having a younger brother! HELL NO! oh hell to no!

• I'm 26, 27 in 2 months... I'd be fine with 2 years younger. My hesitation going any younger is from my experience guys tend to be more mature starting mid 20s, but I recognize exceptions exist.

• Oldest is 26 and youngest is 17 (whatever my age is that year - same age). I have this thinking that if we're both not the same age at some point, it's a nono for me. 🙈

• Same for me hahah it's exactly what I told myself, if he's younger we to be the same age for a while, at least a month or 2 haha

• ahahah yay glad I'm not the only one then! My friends all say I'm weird but I can't help it. 🙈

• A year or two at the most.

• 18, not any younger than that -_________-

• I wouldn't mind dating someone younger than me.
    When I am old like over 65 I want someone at least 10 years younger so he can carry my cane.

• my boyfriend's birthday is June 3rd 1988 mines August 15th 1987 generally I don't date younger. .. I'm glad I did because I've got a keeper.

• i would NEVER date younger

• I would date younger, but no more than 10 years.

• I would date a guy 2 years younger.

• Older.. Because that means they're wayyy wiser than the 'young' boys.. And there's no age limit.. Unless it's like 60+ or something.

• I don't really like younger men, but I'd say one or maybe two tops.

• I usually go for guys around 22-23 I wouldn't go younger than my age.

• I'd date a guy a year younger.

• Not younger than me.

Lol, maybe it will change in the future.

• I would date younger so long as he has his shit together

• I would date both younger and older. No less than a year younger and no more than 2 years older

• He needs to be 18 at least. I wouldn't date guys who are too much older either.

• im 19 and when me and my boyfriend were on break i dated a 16 year old for a little while

• I would date up to 1 year younger if you asked me a month and half ago, now it's illegal.

• I would never date younger , ever. Ever!

• I've dated a year younger before, youngest I'd go is around 3

• I would never date younger, only older guys. i mean 5 years older is my minimum I could go as far as dating a guy who's 37.

• your age/2 + 7 is the rule for guys and I think it works for girls too

• Im already the oldest girl in my grade so yee. I dont really care at all, i would not go more than 5 years up or 3 years down. But lets be honest i'm not going with anyone period aha.

Dating isn't really my thing.

Social interaction isn't really my thing either

• I would probably date anyone who has finished university and is working. So really 2-3 years younger than me.

• More from Girls
    3