Do you still keep phone books /write phone numbers down?

With technology now with cell phones do you keep a phone book or a memo pad of phone numbers anymore?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. It's in case my phone breaks or some other reason requiring a new phone. Technology is not perfect. You can easily lose all your info if something bad happens. I keep all my most important pictures and videos on an external HD and on YouTube in case something happens to my computer (s).

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• Written stuff no, was never comfortable with that earlier too in the pre internet / mobile phone era. Reason: easily accessible to anyone and difficult to keep private or destroy in emergencies.

I however, do keep everything on my BlackBerry now with adequate back ups and synchronization on my laptop. All of which can be wiped out with one command :D

• that's true

• But there are numbers that I've been using since I was maybe 8 or 10, I haven't dialled those since at least 20 years but I still remember those cause those were the days of phone books and no hand held :)

Thank you for the up vote beautiful young lady :)

• your welcome

• Not a chance. Every number goes into my phone and onto the cloud so I can't lose it.

• We have a small list of numbers right by our still remaining home phone. But at some point we're going to throw that out. The only reason we're still using it is because our grandma doesn't have a cell phone and calls us that way.

• Nope, but what I do do, is type in the number on my phone, and back it up in the cloud to access later

• Only for short term use, like when someone calls me and I need to write down a number.
    Or when in a discussion someone tells me a phone number to call. I'm not so quick with putting it into my phone right away :o

• so would you say as a society were to dependent on our phones?

• I'm not so dependent on it but... if you see some people ride their bike and post messages at the same time... they are entirely dependant on it.
      So in general, yes our society is very dependent on their phones. I agree :o

• I believe we are dependant as a general consensus, I realize not everyone is, I do realize some even use house phones still, technically I still use a phone book it's just an app on my phone that looks whatever I type in for example pizza places.

• Very few times but yeah I still write down some just in case and keep business cards stashed away so I don't lose the numbers if something happened to the phone

• I do both actually.

• Absolutely not, no point.

• Only for crackers in the Midwest :)
    (all my phones hold my numbers and everything is backed up)

What Girls Said 4

• I don't but hey I don't have a lot of contacts so if my phone ever broke down I could easily retrieve those few numbers. I'd probably write it down if I had a lot

• No not at this point

• I keep an address book for people for things like Christmas cards etc. But phone numbers are in my phone only and I think phone books are a waste of trees.

• I keep a pen & notepad by the phone, it's faster for me to write down the number. If I want to save it then I will go ahead & program it into my phone.