Do You Sleep When Getting A Professional Massage?

I have to find masseuses with good convesation skills because if I don't stay in conversation then I totally pass out for the full time, be it 60, 75, 90 mins... whatever. I just wake up and feel like I took a really expensive nap. Albeit a very deep and enjoyable one. Just curious who likes to talk during a massage, who falls asleep if they don't talk, or can stay up?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hahaha that happened to me as well the only time I got a professional massage. When the masseuse asked me to turn around she had to wake me up lol

Most Helpful Guy

• its happened before especially when they massage my face and scalp

What Girls Said 6

• That's one of my favourite kinds of naps. If I am going to the spa... Take my money and silently massage me. It's an expensive but wonderful nap! I don't like chatter.

• Yeh sometimes its not bad to pass out during, but i love the feeling of the actual massage which I then miss. I just sent my girlfriend to use my weekly spa membership's weekly item, she's getting a good massage while I slave away. I regret this.

• Such a sweet thing to do for your woman. Hopefully she comes home relaxed and appreciative to return the generous favour :)

• I never had one before but I am guessing it would feel really good!

• If you can't afford them regularly you may not want to... quite addicting. I regret starting at times.

• Lol really? Haha my dad does but I don't know...

• yeah sure why not?

• Thanks for the reply On the why not front... for me it's just because I really enjoy the feeling of the muscle tissue being worked on and need to be awake to feel that. However, it is a really deep sleep, which also has it's benefits. Going to get one tomorrow so we'll see what happens. It's from a guy though so... not as fun.

• Sometimes, but if my ultimate goal is to relax, falling asleep means that I have achieved it.

• A real massage is supposed to hurt. If it doesn't hurt - they are not doing it properly.

• woah... into whips and chains too? I like deep tissue, but not pain... if done right it is not quite painful, but still deep... at least per my experience and what many therapists have told me, but i could be totally wrong.

• I've only had one before and I didn't fall all the way asleep, but I was very relaxed.

What Guys Said 0