Do you think animals can be gender neutral?

Not that I'M gender neutral, just curious to know what you think!

• Obviously! Animals are people, too!
  • Of course not! Only humans get to be called "he's" and "she's" and "they's"
  • WTF

Most Helpful Girl

• All I know is that there are some species of aquatic life that switch sexes based on the number of that sex in the population (octopus, fish). And chickens, apparently. If no rooster is present, a hen will take on the male role and begin to crow and act like a rooster.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• I'm pretty sure that most animals don't have a concept of gender, as most animals are not capable of higher reasoning.

• I believe that is true.
    -frogs
    -certain types of fishes
    -certain types of lizards
    -certain types of slugs
    -spotted hyenas
    -sharks
    And plenty more

• Obviously! Animals are people, too! I love my fluffy bird!

• Lol is the bird gender neutral?

• I love birds! of all genders! AWE... they so cute and fluffy... so adorable... you would melt if you saw a cockatiel... lol

• If you find some horse who tells you it's preferred pronouns are "They" "Ze" or "Hir" then I shall happily refer to it as such, although I'd be more amazed you found a talking horse with an understanding of gender identity.

• Some animals are asexual and can be considered biologically neither male nor female. But animals don't have the concept of gender, so we just call them pronouns based on their biological sex.

• Gender is more of a societal concept, so I don't think they can be gender neutral the way we define it. Some animals do switch sexes or have none though.

• Gender neutral means GENDER, something that is defined by the culture of the area.

What Guys Said 6

• I think it's difficult to assess the sex of a worm because they are typically both.

• Animal's are not sentient and therefore not self aware, they cannot define a gender, or themselves, so no, they are or aren't by nature, they have no say in the matter.

• hyenas live this kinda life...

both vagina and penis look like penises.

read up on it

• Only humans can be that stupid.

• Possibly, but I'm not aware of any research.

• Why would you ask this? Animals are not intelligent enough to even say something like that. All they do is think about their next meal or mating season.

• What about dogs, man? They're loyal to the bitter end with their owner!

• dogs are motivated by food.

• They may be smart but they're not capable of intelligence and reasoning on the human level. They have no concept of gender.