Do you think I should ask for help for my depression even if I don't know why I am depress anymore?

@RavenDevine what you think?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• help? not really... i, as someone who had depression, can tell you thay getting help will actually make you feel worse.
    you just have to get to know yourself more. dig in deep and know where and why it went wrong

• I try and try and i feel worse and worse and I find myself running in circles over and over.

• yeah... it'll get better...
      just focus on yourself... focus on finding things you enjoy... ^^

• Thats what I try to do!

What Guys Said 9

• Yes, Yes, Yes! Often depression is caused by a chemical imbalance in the body. You will not know any reason for it, it just seems to be there. See a therapist to help look for reasons that you may be able to fix. But also to get medicine to fight it regardless of the reasons.

• Yes it would be sound advice to consult a therapist. This is their specialty and they are trained to notice things that the rest of us could miss

• Of course you should!

Lots of treatments don't require that you know anything about the depression, like medication and CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, a form of psychotherapy).

I've been there. Suicidal thoughts and all. Meds and some lifestyle changes worked for me, though it still comes back from time to time, especially in the winter.

Good luck, and remember you'll beat it in the end :)

• By the way, seasonal depression is pretty common. Maybe it's been happening worse in the winter and you haven't noticed. Doctors think it's related to not getting enough sunlight.

• Yeah, it's a little weird. I never disliked the dark really, and never noticed it got worse because of it until a shrink told me about it and I realized it had been happening all along. Now I have a really strong lamp in my room, and I think it helps a little. I'm still on meds though.

If you ever want to talk/want advice, feel free to leave me a message. I know some technical stuff about treatments too. And, like I said, I've been there :)

• thank you for your support@

• I suggest so. We can't have people like you get depressed. It's against the interests of the nation. please consult a doc.

• hahah thats too funny ! " It's against the interests of the nation " thank you lol

• @Asker no seriously. We do address the problems of our citizens, you're the "queen", in the Republic of GAG

• QUEEN! LOL

• Don't you think that's exactly the time you need help the most?

• what makes you say that?

• How can you fix a problem if you don't know what the problem is? Sometimes a different perspective can help you figure these things out.

• You should.. cause depression is not good for the body or the mind.

• Definitely look for help. A therapist maybe able to help you figure out what's going on

• You don't need a reason to be depressed. It's an illness. A chemical inbalance.

• Actually, you should ask for help even more now that you have no idea why it's happening.

• really? What makes you think that?

• Are you an otaku?

What Girls Said 3

• You should definetly ask for help. Check on Google for any local therapists.

• Depression doesn't have to have a reason. Yes if you are constantly feeling low, not like yourself, destructive, suicidial you should seek professional help.

• Thanks I just don't know... it keeps coming back and forth!

• Yeah I know what you mean, I get the same thing, unfortunately in my town it isn't as easy to get help. I refuse to take medication but I know how to control mine. But I think talking to someone in that area might help you get a bit of an insight of what's going on inside your head.

• I think you should do whatever you can to relieve it.. talent wise