Do I have to tip the pizza guy?

I really don't want to. The delivery charge already made it so expensive.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's crazy. You order a pizza. It's on special for $18.99. By the time they add tax and delivery it's like $26.99 !!! And expect a tip?
    Fuck that. If they make min wage and make most of there income on tips they should get a better paying job !
    We pay the delivery charges. Tips are only optional.
    Don't feel shame not tipping. Count out the last cpl bucks in change !
    We are not made of money !

Everything costs so much. To much. We can't earn more but everything else can keep going up up up?
    I call bs !
    Don't tip.
    Want a tip? Order from the pizza app. After u get it call and complain. They will give you credit for next time 100%.

• Another tip.
      Just email companies and complain. Example? Email chip company , say the big bag of Doritos etc were stale ! Say u had a party and got 3 bags. They will send u $20 gift certificate.
      Another?
      Email and say you tried the companies new salsa. Bought 3 big jars and it was grose ! Say , do you taste the product yourself? They will send you $20 min in certificates.
      These companies do not care. It doesn't cost them nothing. They want to keep customers happy. One at a time. Use your imagination. You can get $100 in free money plus a few next pizza if you just search a cpl customer service email addys for random companies tonight.
      I swear it works every time no questions asked.
      Let me know.
      So it takes a day for service to get ack to u but try reply with a auto responce right away.

• @nakedalligator look at the little pussy , crying over my comment. Boo hoo.
      Why relevant? You going to dis me for saying I won't tip them at times. If late etc. Trying to make me out to be a cheap son if a bitch? I asked if you ever pay for other food at grocery store to show your the cheap bastard. The one who gladly tips the pizza guy a buck or two but NO your not giving your last $20 for meat to the college girl who can't afford more then kd behind you in line because your saving your money to order pizza.
      You dish it out but can't take it here I see. Go ahead report this. You and the other fucking babies

• That's not the same thing, no one goes to the grocery store and gets more then they can afford expecting someone else to finish paying for them. They aren't at work, they spending money they already earned, if they are tight on cash, there are community services they can go to for support. We're talking about tipping, not charity, try to stay on topic.

I'm talking about service workers, who I do tip, so delivery drivers, barbers, restaurant workers, taxi drivers and the like. People who are serving you. You give a tip for gratitude, but I can see that you have none, and you're right, it's your choice to tip, but those who do not are cheap assholes, like yourself.

Obviously you don't tip if the service is bad, but were talking about in general.

I don't report comments, I believe in free speech, no matter how asinine the comment may be. So please continue, I'm only pointing out how other people are going to see you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have to my dad forces me every time. My dad a says I use to be like him work hard everyday... he might have a family and you need to treat people with kindness.. so therefore when I don't give tips I feel my dad! I think about how hard he work for me and for my brothers! He the most important person to me the world. i would die for my dad! I really do love him even if i don't tell him.

What Guys Said 16

• Yes, you have to tip the pizza guy. $5 is about right. If you can't afford that, then drive yourself to the pizza place.

• It's polite, but no you don't have to tip. If the delivery is quick however I don't see why you would.

• It's ethical, he is like a waiter who is serving you food. You don't have to tip the full 15% though if you don't want. But a little bit sure helps.

• i paid 32 for a 28.50 order

• You don't have to no.

• Not if you live in a country where it's a custom for workers to get paid an amount that is fucking reasonable.

• If you can't afford to tip then why don't you go and pick the pizza up yourself.

• Gas costs more then the delivery charge.
      The tax and delivery puts the $17.99 pizza up to $25. Why not just say , pizza to your door == $25.00 ?

• @Theshaft169 then why not tip the guy who used his gas to bring it to you.

• Used his gas? Lmao.
      News flash --- pizza delivery people are delivering as a sub contractor. They get paid to use there own car and gas.
      if they used a company car they would be paid less

• Yeah, especially if gas is more than $2 in you area or you might find some spit in your next order..

• I paid 32, the order was 28.50

• @Theshaft169
      I'd try that but shit might get real haha

• You think the guy making your free pizza may blow chunks in your pizza? Shit chunks that look like sausauge?
      Haha.
      Happened to a friend of mine. He was the cook
      Jk

• You don't have to. And if they ask for one slam the door in his face.

• just the tip.

• if you dont feel like it then dont tip if you dont wish to tip him them tip him

• It depends on you. You don't ''have'' to. Nobody says you must do it.

• If you can't afford the tip, then don't give it.

• Nope, not at all.

• Occasionally...

• i only tip if its a hot chick, aka never.
    just pay with paypal, so you dont have to feel so bad!
    seriously, just making an order, makes me spend almost double the money i normally would. im on minimum wage, i have to make a living too!

• He gets paid minimum wage AND often the pizza delivery uses his OWN gas money to drive. Yes, tip.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes, you should. The delivery drivers do not get the delivery charge. A good bit of their income comes from those tips. If you don't want to pay the delivery charge or give a tip, waste your gas and go pick it up yourself.

• What's a few extra bucks? Couldn't hurt especially if your pizza is still hot by the time he delivers

• Just don't look him in the eye when you get the receipt xD

• Personally, I have stopped tipping the pizza drivers now that they are charging a delivery fee.

• By law you dont have to. Its common courtesy. I always give him/her 2 dollars.

• you could just flash him lol

• I always do...