Is it offensive to black girls to run your fingers through their hair?

Im not talking about just a random stranger's. LOL. I have a friend who wears her natural hair and its all fluffy and thick and I like to touch it. I really like black girls' hair. I just want to know if thats rude or fetishizing <--- does that only mean sexual? I don't know. But is it?

Most Helpful Guy

• No they only get offended if you offer them free chicken or free grape soda :) enjoy black friends misses whitey

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I'm not black so I can't speak about how a black woman would personally feel about this. However, would you like for someone to touch your hair like that? I know I wouldn't. I value personal space, even around my friends. It's just hair, there are many different hair types and textures. I don't understand why anyone would feel the need to go around touching other people's hair like it's some strange thing they've never seen before... that's just a little odd in my opinion.

What Guys Said 4

• No. But it can be very annoying for people to wanna "touch it" as if it's a petting zoo exhibit or something. A young lady was just saying how she hates that everyone acts like her natural hair is something other than hair.

• if you're sitting around talking n giggling... no

if she's leaned back into you while you're giving her a full on head massage... that's starting to say something.

• Well its probably not 'offensive' but pretty damn annoying

• Some people just don't like their heads being touched at all, including men

What Girls Said 3