How do I know im depressed?

Well since I've beeen college i have had a lot of mood swings. i have felt down a lot and i express my anger in a fucked up way. i think i am depresse or just have some issues with myself that i dont know how to deal with. whats wrong me?

I can't afford to see a therapist. So I don't know what else I should do.

Most Helpful Girl

• Therapist.

But the most common sympoms are from what i remember:
    - Losing interest in what you liked to do/ don't want to do them at all anymore.
    - No sex drive
    - Mood swings
    - Eat more or less
    - Skin pick/ Self harm
    - Running away from home/ acting rebellious.

But better to talk to therapist and if you are on medication they can have some cause on how you are feeling too ( especially birth control)

What Guys Said 1

• Because college is tough, much tougher than high school. It's all about mindset

• awe, I don't know what is it

What Girls Said 3

• Go to a therapist and have them check you out. Stress from college could play a factor in this as well.

• you have to go to your school's health centre and they will set you up an appointment with a mental health nurse and they will be able to diagnose you if you have it.

• I don't think my college has that

• then you can even go to a regular family doctor, they are qualified to diagnose depression and refer you to treatments

• okaythans

• You go to a therapist and they'll tell you.