Did you ever feel lost in your 20's?

Not know where your life was headed?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, I think you feel lost when you're not happy with the current direction and you don't trust that it's going anywhere promising.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah sometimes I feel lost. I generally know where my life is headed career wise and it is and going to be lots of hard work. But with regards to where it is headed in other areas, I have no idea, what I want in other aspects I'm still trying to figure it out. Like where I wanna live, if I would want to get married, will I ever have children etc. Sometimes it feels so overwhelming, and then I remind myself this is all part of 'growing up' getting to know yourself and building the kind of life you want. :)

What Guys Said 26

• I still don't know where my life is headed, but it's been one hell of an adventure, and I don't regret my decisions.

• No mine was at 30 when my divorce became final

• I'm not lost per say I know exactly what I am doing and were I am going, but I guess you could say I expect some unexpected things to happen.

• Yes because of death

• Honestly, yep I am lost at the moment.
    Not sure if what I'm doing now is what I WANT to do. I'm scared of finding out what it is, when it's too late

• No but I have lost my teens. Didn't do anything remotely fun back then.

• Yep I did. Figured it out mostly by the 2nd half though. I think that is somewhat common. You go from the end of childhood and are practically thrown into adulthood. Lots of decisions to make that have long running impacts.

• No, not really. I had a good idea what I planned to do right out of high school and I followed through with it and I'm still in that same field.

• Granted, my personal life is quite a mess - there isn't one. But I'm planning to take care of that soon - if I can.

• Every GDMF day of my GDMF life.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it right up. :)

• you're suppost to half of your life at least. its normal even after your school and job is established

• Yes, and no. I still do not know what I want to have as a career, but I have several ideas and possibilities. I enjoy hanging with my friends, and doing whatever the day brings me. Sometimes I go to the beach, sometimes I just play video games, and sometimes I just hang out with my friends. When I think about what I do, its almost has my whole entire life is procrastination.

• Its called a Quarterlife crisis. Many people experience it.

• Knowing where your life is headed sounds boring af.

• tell me about it :|. have a job you wanna spare me?

• Who doesn't feel lost in their 20s lol.

• no, i was very much found in my 20's- somewhat lost in my 40's :)

• 20s, 30s and 40s only now i realise that to have it all mapped out would take all the fun out of it

• I've always tried to lose myself, trouble is I keep finding myself in the mirror.

• Lost?
    Let me tell you something: If you ever don't feel lost in this planet Earth... Then you should lose yourself. At least try it for a day :) I had to lose myself to find myself! And I might do that again soon too!!!

• i hated being younger full stop, bar being better looking then it had no other benefits

• Story of my life right at this moment

• 21, been lost forever lmao.

• From the age of 9 to 27 or so I wanted to kill myself. I indeed was lost. I have cleared up many of my emotional issues from back in the day thankfully.

• hahaha story of my life fellow loser.

• No Ken (I swear that's a dude's name) WHATEVER, I felt lost in my teenage years. I am heading towards my late 20's and I feel like a LION. RAWWWWWRRRRR.

• Yep. I have no idea where I'm going to be in 4 years. I could be living on the other side of the planet for all I know.

What Girls Said 11

• yes, totally. In college, we are so focus on "who i want to be" and "what field do i want" then once you graduate your goals changed as if back to step 1 coz of what @JoeCensored is saying. It's weird that we work hard to get that degree then after that we don't really know what to do next (not literally, ofc next step is to get a job and be independent).

• Yes, that's the situation I'm in now. People expect so much of you but you're really very lost. I don't know what I want to get out of life. I don't really feel like I know who I truly am yet. I'm still developing so how do you make permanent decisions on a growing personality?

• it's a weird feeling for me. I'm not lost, but at the same time i feel like I'm gonna face a few unexpected obstacles to get to where i wanna be, so that will switch things up I'm sure.

• I don't know exactly where my life is headed. I know I should get my degree soon. But the possibilities are endless, will I go into the field I'm studying for, will I go into something different but similar, will I do something completely different? Will I be happy?

It's like... there's so much life ahead of you, but you feel like you're losing time on finding a path to be happy on.

• Yeah thats how i feel all the time!

• i feel this is very common. i'm not 20, but i feel very lost as of right now. i don't know where my life is heading or i have a very faint idea but it requires a large amount of focused effort and i feel scared of failing.

• I'm 25 and I never felt lost but in my teens I think I sortive felt lost because I go to high school or go to party's with friends instead I did home school and I played in a league for people who are specilneeds like me called challenger baseball

• I always feel like that

• I felt lost since 9 😀

• I am still stuck on dumb high school bullshit

• ill let you know when im 20 0_0 ahhah