How to avoid ending up "forever alone"?

So, i've never had any succes with girls at all, and i know it won't get any better in the future unless i do something about it. The problem is, i have no idea what to do, or how to do it? I know this is a very broad subject, but any very little advice is much appreciated. I'd get married this second if i found a girl who accepted me, but it's not happened ever since. I'm afraid i'll end up living alone for the rest of my life.

Most Helpful Girl

• Stop placing value on romantic relationships above all other types of interpersonal relationships. Being single doesn't have to mean being lonely. You can be very fulfilled and single. Many people are.

• I would be happy by now if i could be. Funny thing is, for a month i thought i had sonnething going on with a girl, and i was seriously content. Now i know that nothing was going on, i'm back in the misery.

• Happiness comes from within. You can't expect someone else to make you happy, because it will never work. You have to be content with yourself before you can ever even contemplate being happy with anyone else.

Most Helpful Guy

• My advice is, don't worry too much about it. There are more men than women in our age group and even more so in your country (although it's not as bad a China). In a society that encourages monogamous relationships, some guys will end up "forever alone", it's simple arithmetic. Worrying too much about finding a girlfriend won't increase your chances - if anything, it makes you look desperate and even less desirable. Just live your life and if it happens, it happens. If it doesn't that's fine too. You don't need a relationship to be happy.

• If it doesn't, that's not fine. It's my problem. I wanted to be a family father starting from childhood, it's my primary dream for the future. I already have anything else in life, money, academic success etc. but i can't be happy with them. It's like God's making fun of me, giving me everything that doesn't really make a significant difference in my mood but keeping that one thing that would mean the world to me away.

What Girls Said 1

• i've never believed in forcing love. sure, get up and approach some women, but dont let it consume u. that's just silly. u need to be happy with who u r as a person first. u know why? because if a decent woman finds out that ur unhappy within yourself, she could even find that a turn off. women love confidence, and u best not be dating when u can't even love yourself.

• I don't think that you *need* to love yourself, because you won't always be able to, but you're *allowed* to.

• lol... well if that one word makes the difference... sure! @9mfeo

What Guys Said 0