What does anestheist do exactly?

Most Helpful Guy

• They give you a cocktail of drugs, anywhere from 3 to 15, to make it possible to undergo surgery without being aware of anything. The main things in the drugs are stuff to knock you out, painkillers and muscle relaxants.

Mine I had ten weeks ago was quite simple, and a bluish green colour, that the aneasthetist said was a "good dose of gin and tonic".

I asked him to forget the tonic...

Most Helpful Girl

• i am not sure... is that a new trend or something?

What Guys Said 4

• "A nurse anesthetist is a nurse who specializes in the administration of anesthesia"

They are nurses that are really good at giving you the drug that makes you unconscious for an operation. They give you the drug and workout how much you need and stuff.

• Watch some nip/tuck.

• I think they calculate the amount of anesthesia that should be used for the patient and such.

• It's someone who knocks your ass out before the doc cuts your ass up

What Girls Said 2

• A consultant anesthetist is the person who calculates and administers the anesthetic to put you into a controlled unconsciousness whilst you undergo having surgery.

They are also present throughout the operation continuing to monitor you.

• They knock you out cold during surgeries lol 😜