I suppress my feelings, all of them. Is this normal?

I think I've began to emotionally shut down. It's really hard ro express how I feel, especially to specific people.

Yesterday, i wanted to tell this girl how i cared about her and stuff but down in my gut i thought I'd better just keep it to myself. Including every other time we hang out. I dont want to make things weird. But each time i dont i feel like i die a little each time inside

What should i do? How do i fix this?

• Yes, keep that shit to yourself...
  • No, express how you feel
  • Lol feelings are stupid
I like her as more than a friend, but i really do like her as a friend. But i feel like i probably should just keep it to myself 😞
I dont think she wants me there like that anyways as well. I might just keep that shit to myself till i die from the sadness...

Most Helpful Girl

• Just tell her! How she responds is up to her but just let it out :D

• I told her before that i liked her and it didn't go so well... i stopped talking to her for awhile and i eventually asked if she wanted to hang out again. I still do care about her in both ways but i dont think i should. Im just whatever to her, not even a friend. Probably just some random who wants to talk to her frequently. she's just being nice i bet...

• I think you should just chill for a bit and see what happens. If she's not trying then I don't think you should try too hard. Let it be. :)

• She replied! But i am gonna chill for a bit. Maybe ill go find another girl

Most Helpful Guy

• None of your answers are right.

They are legitimate. (Your feelings)
    Keeping them to yourself is wrong.
    Expressing them is also wrong.
    But feelings are legitimate.

If you like her as a friend but more than as just a friend, you have before you potentially a life-long partner!

Don't let her know that she's as valuable as a sexual partner. Get her interested in you as a sex partner. Use any technique, regardless of moral compunction, to increase demand for yourself.

Play your game hard. Do what must be done to get you either sex or opportunity for real intimacy.

What Girls Said 7

• I am like you. I can't express myself. I don't have the vocabulary or the common sense to express it. I just can't I am dead and i can't truly describe it. I want them to know but I don't know if it reaches them. Lol
    I wish i knew why I knew why I did it but its just my nature now. Sometime i think its because you got hurt so bad one time you just shut down and take the punches withourt expressing it. My suggest is go see a thearpist like me. Thats what I plan on doing anyway. I wish u luck and maybe together we can reach for happiness!!!

• Good luck that! 😄 honestly. But happiness doesn't look like its gonna be part of my future so it looks like it's your journey alone my friend.

• Lol wow i meant on your journey. But we'll be there if you stumble along it. I personally will never see a shrink.

• lol why not? hahah They drug you? Yup I should know!

• try to, by maybe writing a note or something telling her how you feel so you don't have to tell her directly. i face the problem, i internalize pretty much everything always have. and hardly ever express strong emotions to people which has been detrimental. i was in your shoes a few months ago when i wanted to ask a good friend of mine out and i wanted to tell him how i felt, but i couldn't and i felt so terrible each time i tried to sum up the courage to say something but didn't. until one time where my best friend intervened and we kissed and ended up going out.

• If you are sure she will reject you and you will make things weird than don't do it. But be sure to talk to someone about how you feel not just about this but in general to someone you hahve good connection with (your mom, father, sister, brother, good friend). It's not good to bottle up emotions, I think most guys have real issues with this. It's ok to be emotional, you are human, know that, just choose people you can open up to.
    On the other side, regarding this issue with this girl, you never can really know if she would like you back so think if you'd regret not saying anything and it turns out she does like you. But if you gonna confess at least make ysf ready for any concequences if she turns you down and things get weird.

• Hey bro... You should get out and talk to people more because depression can worsen from not socializing, trust me, I'm diagnosed... And give her little hints on how you feel bro.. Still keep it chill tho. Take it from a thirteen year old little girl bro. I may be little, but I know my shit.

• You should express your feelings but don't be overly dramatic about it.

• I dint side feelings at all or i fake them

• I'm such a hypocrite but B. You should express your feelings. I eat mine but this is how I roll. :)

• Nah i dont think i should. I think i should just disappear and stop talking to her like before. Eventhough she did start talking to me after i texted her, she probabaly wouldn't care. I Just want to swallow my feelings and never show them again 😫

• I think you should at least keep talking to her, even if you don't tell her how you feel.

What Guys Said 3

• Here's how I see it. You say nothing and keep it bottled up. It will eventually become to painful to be around her and you end the friendship. You tell her how you feel, at least now there is a chance even if it's just a small chance. If she says no, the friendship ends. Or you stay friends and end up back at the first option until it's to painful. No matter what the friendship ends, so you might as well take a chance and see if she feels the same.

• Yes, that's what everyone does.

• only girls and gay men express how you feel