Do you ever panick when realising you're going to die someday?

How do you cope with it? For me it gets absolutely horrifying whenever I think about it for more than 5 seconds. I don't know how to deal with it. Mainly because 1. I am afraid of dying a horrible death and 2. fear of the unknown.

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to think about that when i was a kid. It scared the **** out of me. Now not so much. After i die there will be no 'me' anymore so why bother worrying about it. I would just worry about leaving the people i love without me to take care of them.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think about it here and there. I know it's part of life. But thinking about it makes me realize that I want to do lots of things before it happens. I would love to be able to travel, bungee jump, skydive... other things people might think are dangerous and crazy. So the thought of it doesn't scare me it just reminds me I have lots to do before hand.

What Guys Said 7

• I KNOW I'm going to die someday.
    Everybody is going to die, every baby you see will die some day.
    I hope I'll see my granddaughter getting her uni degree. I doubt it.

• I also know :))) lol. It's coping with it that makes it difficult.

• You have no choice but to accept it.

• An end is what makes things matter. If we lived forever nothing we do would mean anything because we have unlimited time. The fact we have limited time on this earth means we have to make the most of it. So just enjoy the ride!

• I don't want to sound insulting but you probably have some underlying fears you need to deal with if this is really bothering you.

• Why would that be insulting? It's not insulting at all :) and I don't think it's that 'underlying', it's a strong fear of death, you know :)

• well there has to be some reason why otherwise its just a phobia

• I do sometimes but try not to dwell on it

• I think about it quite often, but I don't experience any particular emotional response to that thought... it's inevitable, so why worry? In the grand scheme of things, all of our lives are completely irrelevant anyway.

• I know. Isn't that scary?

• To me, it isn't. Maybe it's because I've been very close to death a few times, or maybe because I'm an extremely rational person and almost unable to experience strong emotions, but all I feel at the prospect of my demise is indifference.

• Teach me, master. :))

• that is because u didnot prepare for the "judgement Day" ... work now before God ask you about ur actions that u had done in this life...

• Once again, I am an agnostic, but thanks, I guess.

• I do seach it from both sides, that's precisely why I am an agnostic :)

• donot be lazy, explore something new and find the truth... u have mind and u should use it to analyze and see things in different aspects...

• when you have repented in Christ death becomes a joyous transcending stage of awesomeness. death brings fear only to those who live in darkness.

• There is no god. No afterlife awaits you. Nothing can escape the cold embrace of undoing.

• Even if right now I don't relate, I thank you so much for all the effort you've put into this. I wish I could convince myself to believe, but I really can't, at least for now. I was baptised and raised Christian, so that's not really an issue. It was just an impossibility to believe that came with age. I have respect for all religions, which I think is compatible with the morals of any good Christian and of any good person.

• "if i could believe in a deity so fiercly".. first of all its not achieved on your own alone. its something that IF YOU ASK FOR IT AND CHOOSE IT will be gifted to you WITH LOTS OF TIME AND STRUGGLE. in christianity there is something we call the grace of God. it literally means gift. well this gift is what will do anything that is incinceivable for you and pop up the questions you can't even ask yet. but it needs time. christianity is about no theories. its a damn harsh science. cause and effect. if you live according to your manufacturing standards you are gonna experience what you were made for. simple as that. and humans are made for deification. so vast was the love of God that wanted His perfect communion and condition as experienced inside the Holy Trinity to be experienced by other beings as well.

What Girls Said 1

• My first thought is to start praying before it's too late.

• I don't get it, I'm sorry. Do people who pray escape horrible deaths? I am not asking to be obnoxious, it's just that well, I really don't talk about it to anybody, and I kinda of need to. There are questions I need to ask and never have.

• That must give you immense comfort... I wish I could believe in a deity so fiercely.

• just think about it again. u still young, donot waste ur time.