Do you see money/gift cards as a lazy gift?

Or an unthoughtful one. I mean if I got a giftcard or cash I'd be happy. I wouldn't think anything of it, just other people think it's a lazy gift.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm with you. I don't mind gift cards or money at all. I especially love money as a gift, not to sound greedy, haha. It is just easier to buy what I want or need that way instead of having to go to a specific store, though I always get gift cards to places I enjoy anyway.

• I agree. I actually like getting gift cards more because I enjoy shopping

• Eh, I don't like shopping so much. However, when I do need something, it's nice to have those cards or the money around.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the relationship and whether or not you're gonna actually see the person you're giving the gift to.

Example: it's totally okay to send your aunt across the country a gift card to the theater.

Example 2: it's NOT okay to give your girlfriend a Starbucks card for your anniversary. LOL

What Girls Said 3

• No just give me money or buy me a chanel bag!

• Depends hahaha sometimes it may seem as one, but other times i absolutely love it, like i can use it to buy exactly what i want :")

• I do then I do. Like it is an u thoughtful gift because people go out and buy something for the person and yadda yadda yadda. Then again it's not. If we don't know what the person likes just give them money. I use to give gift cards but gift cards only allow you to go to certain places, so I just give them

What Guys Said 4

• Nope, it's the most versatile gift. Why guess what the person wants when you can give them cash that can turn into anything?

• I just give people cash as they are free to buy whatever they want. I will take that over getting them a lame gift.

• What if you give someone cash, and they give you cash too? Isn't that kinda weird?

• Hmmm, interesting perspective. Thanks for talking it out with me.

• i'd prefer $$$..

or better yet, starbucks.. because you can just waltz in and cash them out on the spot.

• When I give gift cards, I usually also include an origami model. (Which takes about an hour, at least, to make). Whether or not they think it's lazy, I couldn't care less; I give it to them because I like them.