Anyone else tired of fat girls calling themselves curvy when they're more of a ball?

and go ahead and call me a bitch or whatever. I'm not going to reply to people who insult me but I will reply to people who disagree with me. and don't even say that its to boost their self a steam. either you accept that you're fat or you work hard to lose the weight. you shouldn't go calling yourself something you're not just to make yourself feel better. If you're happy being fat and not give a fuck about it, then awesome. you've accedpted who you are. but to those who are fat and call yourself something like curvy or full figured, just stop describing something that you're not. you didn't work for the right to call yourself that.

• yes.
  • no.

Most Helpful Guy

• Omg totally.
    So im on Pof all these huge fat girls post shoulder up pics and put average build.
    U meet them and go into total shock! They are usally so Damm dat they take up 2 seats. Wtf did they think? My profile even says. " not into bbws "
    Curvy = totally FAT !
    No such thing as a average build curvy woman. Curvy is over weight and nothing less !
    If your fat. Own it or go on a diet. Get off the couch. Eat right.
    This new show with this fat chic? I forget what it's called. Her no body shame by. Nobs campain is pathetic. Do you think she's happy being 400 lbs? And she's trying to get people to accept 400 lb woman as normal?
    Total SHAME. SORRY.

What Guys Said 16

• There is a perspective you are missing.

Some guys actually like women that are overweight. These guys need special words to identify the body type of the woman they are looking for.

In your lexicon, women with a modest body weight have many words that uniquely describe them:
    - petite
    - atheletic
    - slender
    - curvy
    - hourglass
    - trim
    - toned
    etc. etc. etc.

Somehow, every woman above a certain BMI just gets lumped into the word FAT.

No guy is getting anywhere with any woman by saying:

"Yo! Where the FAT women at?"

Yet, some women identify their (large) body type as a feature not a flaw. This would be for nothing... except for the fact that there are MANY men that agree with them.

In order to enhance communication between these women and the men who desire them, there exists a series of descriptive category labels. These labels identify just how large a woman is and how her weight is disributed.

Some examples:
    - curvy
    - chubby
    - plump
    - thick
    - voluptuous
    - BBW (big beautiful woman)
    - SBBW (super big beautiful woman)
    - SSBBW (super, super big beautiful woman)

Notice, that these words never say fat or obese.
    Notice also that the only word you have a problem with is the word 'curvy'.

The women that self describe using the word 'curvy' are not wrong or deluded. They are using the same word that a guy THAT LIKES HER WEIGHT would use to describe her. It's flattering, respectful and agreed upon by those men and women who are attempting to make a connection.

Standing aside while these men and women are getting together and demanding that they stop misusing the word 'curvy' comes off as a bit unhinged. Most people have better uses for their time.

• Yes, I am. Curvy is large breasts, large booty, and no real noticeable flab per se. If your belly pokes out as much or more than your boobs, that's fat, not curvy. If your silhouette looks like the letter B, you're fat, not curvy.

I'm not discriminating, just expressing that calling a fat girl curvy demeans curvy girls. If I told a girl she was curvy, it'd be a high compliment in my mind. But, because so many round girls call themselves "curvy" the general consensus now is that if you call a girl curvy, you're calling her fat. Not true!

Curvy:

www.nymeta.co/.../curvy2.jpg
    www.elitereaders.com/.../curvy-girls-big-boobs.jpg
    www.bravawoman.com.au/img/cms/CurvyKate-image.jpg

Fat:

justmaggie.com/.../...boudoir-santa-clarita-04.jpg
    lexxreloaded.files.wordpress.com/.../curvyfat.jpg
    cdn.lolzbook.com/.../Know-the-difference.jpg
    s.likes-media.com/.../...ffb99b250d2ad2c9.600x.jpg

• exactly.

• @ShaeNielson Didn't know I needed to specify on a topic CLEARLY asking for opinions on Curvy vs. Fat. If you can't read the original post and stay on topic, that's not really my problem ;)

• Do you even know which picture im talking about? It is the second to last link. She is not chubby, but curvy. The only difference is that she has rolls on the sides of her stomache. Below it it says chubby. My refrence made perfect sense because i said just because you have rolls, does not mean you are chubby. Just like how just because you don't have rolls, it doesn't mean you are skinny. Is it that hard to understand? yeesh! If you still can't understand what i am saying then please don't respond it is truly agrivating

• Yes, I'm tired of people using a wrong word to describe something, even after they've been told what that word means.
    It's like someone referring to a chair as "table", and even after you've told them that it's called a chair, not a table, they keep calling it table. Fucking annoying.

• I always thought the whole idea behind curvy or thick was to catch that area where girls especially were not fat but not skinny either just normal. If you are a certain weight and healthy that is fine by me, if you are overweight and need to lose weight then you should do it but you shouldn't force your body into a unnatural skinny shape if your body shape is not capable of doing it.
    That is my perception of the words and I think it is your own individual choice how you perceive the words and to be dramatic up to your own individual conscience how you act upon it. I was an outpatient in a mental health hospital and where I attended was beside the teen anorexia unit. When you saw those kids who were there partly due to society's obsession with body shape you would get a bit annoyed at people who try to force their opinion on such a serious health issue. I get your point but it is also a phenomenon that has moved culture away from the size zero diet and pushing young girls the other way,

• Who decides where curvy / full figured ends and fat begins? I can't say it's my place to.. What do you consider full figured and what is fat?

• if a girl looks like a blob or round ball and you can no longer see the difference between her hips and her waist and she also has a double chin, that's fat.

• Like honey boo boo and her excuse for a mom !! Like those types

• A little. Personally the whole issue of body shaming is something that I don't really care for. Most people are attracted to people who are fit. Women (in general) like muscular guys or skinny guys. Men (in general) like curvy bodies and toned legs. We are attracted to this because it basically shows that this person probably possesses good genes and therefore, would make a good mate. When humanity was still struggling to survive out in the wilderness being fit and strong was essential and being obese meant you'd just be a big snack.

Fat people are less attractive to the majority of people and that's a fact. That doesn't make fat people evil or wrong or even lazy. I don't like to dress up and I wear casual clothing all the time. Does that make me lazy?

I think people can be pretty much whatever they want but they also need to be honest ahout what they are. However they also need to be able to accept that not everyone may like what they are, while not being too bothered about what others think of them. A person's value is not defined by how attractive they are but that doesn't mean that it won't affect how likely you are to attract someone.

Basically if someone else thinks your overweight then you can ignore them but they may be right.

And so ends my disorganised mini rant.

• Finally someone went there lol.

• Yes tbh with you.

• Yes, it's really fucking annoying.

• No I'm actually tired of girls with perfectly curvy or skinny bodies calling themselves fat

• I think you are the one boosting your own self esteem, Your skewed and elitist outlook on life can't tolerate certain people not hating themselves and worshipping others.

• They can call themselves what they want. At the end of the day, they will still be overweight

• Over half the people on here are dickwads. How disappointing.

• Yes!!! Lol. Tired of fat girls

• Yeah, they are really ridiculous :P

• I'm more tired of skinny girls postin pics asking "am I fat"

What Girls Said 20

• No, because I don't concern myself with what other people want to call themselves. It isn't my business. I'm not lord of the terminology and I don't get to tell people what they call themselves. That's like telling a girl she's not allowed to call herself beautiful because YOU don't think she's beautiful.

By the way, you do realize that a curve is a continuously bending line, right? So a ball is very much a curve. Yes, it's not an hourglass curve, but it's still a curve. Seriously, who cares? If you work to be curvy, call yourself curvy. Even if you don't, there's no law that can tell you that you can't call yourself whatever.

We're not at liberty to dictate other people.

• **Most level-headed opinion shared. :)

• no its because they're ashamed of being fat so they feel they have to call themselves something their not just to make themselves feel better. if they're happy being fat and they call themselves fat, then awesome for them. they're happy and they acknowledge reality. but people who call themselves curvy because they're ashamed of being fat are what I can't stand. because no matter how much they lie to themselves they will always be fat and unhappy. so instead of lying to themselves and getting complacent, they should get off their asses and do the work they need to do in order for them to call themselves curvy.

• Or maybe it's because their view on what is curvy is different than what you think. It's subjective, not everyone is going to see it the way you do. You need to accept that, because your perspective isn't the only one and you don't know these people personally, so you have no right to say.

But hey, feel how you want, you're entitled to.

• Why. Do. People. Care. So. Much?

I just don't understand. Let people call themselves what they want. We all have eyes and a brain. Just because they're calling themselves curvy, doesn't mean everyone is gonna think they're curvy.

• I honestly can't understand all the hate against overweight people calling themselves what they want. What they are is what they are and how they identify is how they identify. Is there harm in this? The healthiness of their weight is often brought up as a justification for the shaming, but it does not seem like those who criticize give much genuine concern about health and are just fixated on definition. I would say differently if I believed people were fighting for a healthy weight society but this all sounds like pure shaming and it is counterproductive and disrespectful.

• Its not shaming. they can be fat all they want if their happy with that. but what I don't like is them using words that don't describe them. people who actually work hard for a curvy body don't want people who didn't work for it to take that word.

• You know what speaks volumes to me about someone like you? The fact that instead of offering advice about something health related or support to someone who is struggling with their weight. You choose to nitpick the words they choose to describe themselves with instead. Just shows what really matters to you as a person, so if you want to judge others so harshly, you should start with yourself.

How can you tell people that they have to "earn the right to call themselves" something that has a subjective definition to begin with.

All body shapes can be curvy, skinny, fat, over weight, average, athletic etc.

So why does the word curvy bother so many people just because it's used by an overweight person.

It makes me think you just have an issue with overweight people.

"Fat" is not something that someone "is" or should have to "own up to", it's a struggle for them and they know it, why do they have to openly accept it to people like you, especially when people judge them so harshly.

• Another self centered chick thinking she's hott enough to bitch about what others think of their own body.
    Not saying I disagree but I don't actually care if people think or refer to themselves as curvy. Technically they are in fact curvy and have plenty of assets. You took a lot of time thinking about how people perceive themselves. You do you...

• I don't care what they call themselves as long as it isn't self degrading, or too narcissistic and that goes for anyone. It isn't any of my damn business.

• Awe don't be that way what is she suppose to do! Hate herself as she is losing weight?

• No, I don't care. A 400 lb girl could refer to herself as "skinny" and I wouldn't mind. I really don't get why everyone are going crazy over this, as if the world would end if a big girl dares calling herself curvy instead of fat. The truth is everyone have their own definition what "curvy" means, to some it's small waist, big hips and breast where it to others simply means more meat on the bones. There really is no meaning in degrading and shaming fellow human beings for incorrectly using a word. It's a lot of people get a kick out of being intolerant and making overweight women more insecure than they already are. And no that does not mean it in any way, shape or form is okay for bigger women to shame skinny women, that is equally bad.

Tolerance people, learn it.

• They can call themselves curvy all they want. It doesn't change the fact that they are over weight and chubby.

Same with the chicks posting pictures of themselves asking if they are fat. Yet they end up being super skinny.

In the end they will keep on doing it so it's pointless to even try and point out the obvious.

• Anyone else tired of people worrying about things that don't concern them?

• haha its so funny actually. I walk with my hips but I'm more athletic shaped. Hips still growing wider!

• We live in a day and age where people can call and consider themselves whatever they want. It shouldn't bother you if they consider themselves curvy.

• Nah, I don't care what people call themselves. It has no effect on my life.

• I feel like if fat people call themselves curvy, people will start thinking curvy = fat. We don't need that. Just say chubby. It sounds cute~

• just ignore it.

• I agree. They're not doing themselves a favor by lying about being curvy.

• I'll call myself whatever I damn well please, first off.

And curvy is a descriptor of shape to me, its not limited to weight or body fat percentage. You can be significantly overweight and have an undeniably curvy shape, even if you don't want to call that person "curvy." Their body shape can very easily be that of an hourglass or curvy shape.

But when it is a euphemism and not an actual fact of the way your body proportions fat/muscle makeup, this is not limited to fat girls. I had a friend who was very thin, had small and kind of flat butt and very tiny breasts. Not much of any kind of CURVE to her hips either. Another friend thoughtlessly said she had a boyish shape, because that is how some fashion magazines described her shape. Other people had called her boney, some would say she looked anorexic, etc. She didn't like that. Instead she preferred thin, petite, or svelte. Because they sound less harsh and negative, given what our society says certain words mean and their connotations. Everyone does it. Not just fat girls.

I feel bad for people who are so judgmental and rude to people based on body weight. That's so disgusting to me, as is your serious concern for what people choose to label their body types. It shows a lot about your character and who you are as a person. I may be fat, but you seem ugly as hell to me based on this question. To each their own, honey. Enjoy your life and focus on yourself. Don't be concerned with what words I choose to describe my body. That's none of your concern.

• If they want to call themselves curvy, then fine by me. I don't care. Voted B.

• I rarely hear people or women call themselves curvy when i see that they are not. Nor would i be sick of it if i did. It isn't hard to beleive you hear it a lot, though. A lot of women probably do say that about themselves. But i really don't care. Everyone does stuff like that once in a while.

Here is what, in my opinion, is curvy:
    Image from www.elitereaders.com/.../curvy-girls-big-boobs.jpg

Here is what, in my opinion, is just overweight:
    Image from i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...8000005DC-887_634x544.jpg

• top girl is curvy and the bottom one is a ball. I'm tired of the bottom ones calling themselves curvy when they're just fat.

• I see

• u r so fucking mean go somewhere please and stop what if that was you in that situation and wanted to boost you self confidence if you have a problem with that then keep it to yourself, that was such a bitch move, wow!!!