I get a lot of male attention so why do I feel so unattractive?

It used to be mainly online but now I get approached in person quite a lot too, like last night some man chased me up the road for my number lol πŸ˜‚ was pretty scary but flattering nonetheless. I even feel quite confident in how I look now but I feel really lonely for some reason. I don't have a problem attracting guys but keeping them I do πŸ˜‚ so maybe that's what this feelings is about but... Eh, it's annoying.
How can I overcome this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't focus so much attention on men and feeling like you always have to have one. Focus on friends and family and know that men find you attractive and find the confidence in knowing that but also keep yourself busy with hobbies and friends. Never be needy for a man. Learn to flaunt your confidence and love yourself. It makes a world of difference 😊

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 19

• A wise older friend of mine once said people can think your the most beautiful woman on the planet. But unless you like what you see when you look in the mirror none of their comments matter.

As for finding a guy well sometimes you have to go through a lot of weeds. Before you cultivate a flower.

• Don't be needy and insecure, my brother broke up with his ex because she was all sad and dramatic every day about something and he was trying to cheer her up every day about that something and sometimes she acted hurt and gave him the silent treatment and he was desperately trying to fix that and to be honest it was stupidly unhealthy; it helps if you at least make an attempt to stay balanced.

• Here you go, silly *hugs* :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3pxh5jGF7M

• ***falling asleep...***

• Oh, am I boring you miss @BelleGirl21 ?

• Oh no, never. It was really very deep πŸ˜’
      I tried running away from myself once... but its even more difficult on a treadmill πŸ˜‹

• probably because you aren't pulling the hot guys that you want. When a less attractive guy expresses interest in you, you don't care much, and will probably ignore him. But when the guy is someone you're attracted to, you'll be much more excited and feel better about yourself

• Not true lol, I attract guys I find attractive they just don't want to stay πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺ

• well you're being chased by so many guys these days, you've got no time for little peeps like me anymore. At least you're getting what you wanted now. I'm sure one of them will eventually latch on to you and you'll be a very happy person

• Wait what? :/ of course I have time for you :(

• Pretty much, u need to start believing what these guys say about you, including me! I've seen what u look like. :)

• Just focus on the relationships you have that matter to you. Friends, family and dating. Probably what you need are fewer but more meaningful relationships rather than lots of superficial ones. Just a thought. Could be something else.

• I get a lot of male attention too, i totally know what you are going through. Hey did your date turn out alright?

• On the last pics you've shown you looked really nice, so no surprise the guys don't look away :D
    But I'd stay close to the guy who likes to kiss your neck and tell the others you have a guy. Otherwise you could lose something precious :o

• Maybe your only attracting guys who only like you for your looks and objectify you. Maybe you have a unaffordable personality. I don't know. You should message me, I'll give honest feedback

• That's how most girls are your just a big tease lol

• Stop defining your worth by your looks?

• Focus on developing emotional relationships not just physical relationships.

• get a lot of male attention so why do I feel so unattractive

maybe they are ugly male

• Do you blow a lot of guys?

• Wtf how is that relevant to the question you weirdo? I've barely had my first kiss yet, wtf

• That doesn't men if you get a lot of attention.

Yeah some sluts who are picturing themselves all day, yes they'll get approached online/offline mostly by douchebags good luck by saying that you're attractive to douchebags

• why? why do you want to overcome this?

• Yeah, it's kind of hard to take you seriously... that's why you have a hard time keeping them

• Hey Peg where is that guy that hugged you so hard you got absorbed?

• He's still in the picture :) I felt a bit dubious about him earlier but then he gave me lots of attention again so I feel better πŸ˜‚ but that's sort of the point aha

• But how? :/

• By changing some habits of how you think about you and changing habits of how you feel the need to get compliments. YOU change how you feel about you not others.

• Since it's only on attractiveness that your meeting people your going to go through a lot until you find the right one that's why they don't last and you feel lonely

What Girls Said 11

• This has been happening to me for over a decade on a every day basis.
    You get used to it after a while.

For me sometimes it gets annoying which is why I have tried to conceal my beauty at times (wearing unflattering clothing) or a hat to cover my face.

You feel uncomfortable because you are insecure about yourself.
    The fact that you come online and post photos all of the time seeking validation from others show it all.
    You've been told you're beautiful a million times... but you don't believe it.
    You'll continue to feel uncomfortable until you gain self pride.

• You seem to place too much value on whether people approach you for your looks or not. It sounds like you're insecure, and you get an ego boost from the pursuit of someone, but then you don't feel confident enough to maintain the relationship. Try to shift the focus of what you value in others, and in relationships, because when you're only making superficial connections, you will feel a bit lonely.

• My special person asks me this all the time.
    He gives me all the attention I could ask for, yet I still don't feel attractive.

And the answer is because it has nothing to do with what other people tell you.
    It has everything to do with how you feel about yourself.
    If you don't feel attractive, others telling you won't make you feel it.
    You have to feel it yourself.

It's normal to feel lonely. You should focus on people that are important to you, like your friends and family, and not focus so much on whether or not a guy will give you attention.

• u can get all the attention in the world, but if ur uncomfortable in ur own skin, you won't feel attractive, so i question the statement that ur quite confident tbh. there aren't many other alternatives.

• Because of the problem of keeping the guys. Like you said in your description.

So maybe you don't feel unattractive physically but mentally. As in your personality wise. Since you know your physical features are attracting a lot of guys. Which in that case let me run away then. Makes it easier for you to know when a guy will truly care about you.

Also don't focus to hard about it because after a point it will make you pretty upset. Just focus on the happy things in life and things you want to improve yourself with. Like learning new skills, language, etc.

Also maybe hunt one of those guys down and ask them why they left. Maybe it will give you some in site you haven't thought of before.

• honestly who cares... what they think! You have to think that your pretty and perfect and make yourself happy! Don't expect other to do so because it won't work out the way you wanted it to.

• You're basing your whole self worth on if guys find you attractive. That's the most self defeating thing you can do. I know cause I've been there and I still do it sometimes.

You have to learn how to love yourself regardless of what others think of you.

• I think the problem here is that you are basing your confidence on guy's opinions, but this won't give you long term confidence, it can work for some time for sure, but it won't stay.
    I think the key to overcome this is feeling comfortable with yourself, loving the person you are, your inside and outside, thats the only way you will have true confidence coz if you base on other people's opinions, you are not gonna get it. Also, you won't always find guys that like you, so if you base the way you feel in this kinda of stuff if you find someone that doesn't like you that much or is mean to you , that will bring you down. Just stop caring about others opinions :) your opinion about yourself is much more important

• I totally agree with kris.
    Also you need to be confident in yourself more than just looks. When you are comfortable and confident with who you are, the opinions of some random guys is not going to matter one way or the other.

• Perhaps you didn't get to socialize as much as you would have liked in school? It seems you must be very attractive yet you sound surprised when someone shows an interest in you. You were shy as a child maybe?

• I got bullied by mainly guys through school so that's probably why :( I also had no steady friends until my last years of school :/

• Sorry to hear that
      It certainly makes sense though.

• Are you showing interest back?

Try to be more confident, otherwise you might scare the guy off.