Would you prefer to be smart or happy, and why?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Happy, above all else I would choose to be happy. So many people try to say that you need to do something that will make your smart, or something that will make you money, and then you'll be happy. That is not the case.

I balance out 30 hours of work a week, and 10 hours of school (next semester it's going to be 20) and I don't admit it to my friends, and family, but I'm miserable. I don't sleep well, so I don't even try to sleep. I procrastinate homework, because I want time to just enjoy myself, because I need to, because I'm so unhappy all the time.

Being smart and putting on a fake smile < actually being happy, even if you aren't smart

What Guys Said 10

• I would prefer smart, so if I am smart I can be happy as well.

• I suppose intelligence is more useful and happiness is generally short lived, so I'd take a boost in IQ over a boost in happiness, simply because even people who win the lottery return to baseline after about a month, so happiness is not a great investment.

• Happy, because you can ask questions or read to get the answers you seek, but it's hard to define what makes a person truly happy.

• Smart because I can accomplish my goals and dreams. Consequently, my self-esteem would go up, and I would be happy and love myself.

• Well, I'm currently in the category of very intelligent but moderately unhappy.

I think I'll stick with that. It allows me to see the world the way it is, rather than how I want it to be.

• Happiness all the way :D.

• happy... ...

• i would prefer to be smart because smart people get ahead in life which equals happiness

• If you prefer to be happy why don't you just get doped up for the rest of your life?

• when you are smart you can't be happy. cause you see the tragedy, injustice and darkness of this world as it is.

What Girls Said 10

• no point being smart if ur not happy, so i choose happiness any day.

• Smart... if I'm smart I can get a good job and be happy :)

• I perfer to be happy!

• Happy.. I consider myself as smart enough already.

• i'm both already

• Happy because I don't like being sad.

• Smart... I really wanna be more smart.

• I would rather be happy

• Funny, You can learn to be smart but you can't learn to be funny that come naturally.

• Ignorance is bliss baby