Have you ever been downvoted to oblivion for an opinion which you thought was neutral or not offensive?

It seems to me that even a simple "Hello, how are you?" can offend some people.

0|0
12|16

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 15

• Yupp, I think its beacuse people dont really bother to properly read through what you say, they just jump to conclusions based on one sentence or even a word sometimes. Too many react first and think later. Cause know I gotten downvotes from people who in the end even agreed with me.

2|0
    0|0
    • @Tanuron, I disagree with you and I upvoted you! Hahah. ;)

• Show All
    • Lol, I was just joking with you, @Tanuron! I just saw you in my feed and wanted to be the sly and silly one. ;)

• @Calla_Lilly I've become the feed creeper unawarly?, lol. (Yeah im adopting that nickname, copyright?) cute :)

• I live for the upvotes

But I also find downvotes quite hilarious from time to time

4|0
    1|0
  • Somehow that always hap to me , I'll give ya a link to one XD

www.girlsaskguys.com/how-do-i-looka23303-you-are-beautiful-because-you-say-so

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Especially on topics that are about social issues and are controversial. If you don't pick an extreme then everyone spits on you.

1|0
    0|0
    • I usually avoid those kinds of topics, unless I know my shit, then I do say something. I gotta let it out!!!

• Most likely - though the problem probably is me not being overly sensitive.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably, but I don't really pay attention to down-votes anyway.

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't pay attention to those things, waste of time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really on this site but on others it's transparent that votes = popularity rather than strength of argument.

0|0
    0|0
  • All of the time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep several times

1|0
    0|0
  • sometimes Ill tell a joke and I guess Im pretty tasteless (hence the username)

so people get mad

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never paid attention to the votes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup. Happens all the time here

0|0
    0|0
  • Very occasionally, usually it's because the remark can be taken more than one way and I don't realize the other interpretation until after I posted it.

2|0
    0|0
  • Na, I know when I'm being inflammatory. hahah

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• Yes, but I've been told I come off as aggressive on here even though the words I use reflect my everyday speak.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, sometime I think I gave good advice and then it gets downvotes and I'm like oh... Maybe I was wrong then oops...

2|0
    0|0
  • Lol yes I get down voted for saying my favorite color is yellow or that I have a crush on Bruno Mars... Last time I checked it's my opinion not there's.

1|0
    0|0
  • pfft lol, get used to it honey, happens all the time :P

1|0
    0|0
    • I am human, I get mad lolz (jk). And I know, got used to it after a while.

• Show All
    • It's like the internet wants us to dictate it's personal beliefs, from religion and all the way to your favorite weekday.

• that's it. -.-

• Yes i have.

1|0
    0|0
    • Who would down vote you? 😳

• Show All
    • Meh who cares, I am sure you received a lot of upvote on some of your other advice so don't worry. :)

• haah... I am kinda crazy some times lol I get carried away and excited! hahah

• I've been downvoted for saying the state that I live in. And what my favorite color is. And pictures that I post.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lots of times lol x_x

1|0
    0|0
  • Only when I'm consciously teasing/ being sarcastic 🤓

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, plenty of times. I once said Gigi Hadid looks hot and I got downvoted. It doesn't bother me but there are some crazy people in here.. (me including)

1|0
    0|0
  • I find it funny when you know you have a downvote stalker who will literally downvote ANYTHING you say, even something as innocent as 'I love my mom'. Gotta love the haters.

0|0
    0|0
  • no but people on here get so wacked up on innocent question. nothing harmful about they get offended.

1|0
    0|0