Is intoxication an excuse to do stupid things?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• While I believe your morals are inhibited and you make judgement calls in a less intelligent manner when under the influence, I don't think it's an excuse.

I believe that if your morals are on shaky ground anyway, alcohol will just help comfort you while doing things you know are wrong. Someone who's steadfast in their morals and beliefs will not compromise who they are or what they believe in strictly due to intoxication. Of course, this is speaking strictly of alcohol.

Basically, if you're a good person alcohol isn't going to make you a bad person. If you put on a FRONT of being a good person, and don't fully commit to a higher standard of morals and ethics, you'll likely "let loose" due to alcohol.

Most Helpful Girl

• NO! its not!

What Guys Said 17

• It is your decision to become intoxicated and you know that alcohol will alter your inhibitions and self-control, so you are responsible for whatever you do while you are under the influence.

• No. If you know what alcohol is and what it can do and if you know what your limits are and you go over them anyway, then you are responsible for whatever happens after.

• No, never. That's why I don't drink very much. I prefer reality so I don't do stupid things. Sounds like you did something silly while under the influence. Or someone you know did.

• no it's not, one needs to have the forward thinking to know what substances they are consuming, and how they will affect their person.

• No. If you don't have enough self-control, don't drink.

The moment you start drinknig you willingly take the risk of the intoxication making you do stupid decisions. Gotta deal with the consequences.

• Is it a cause for doing stupid things? No doubt since it inhibits your... inhibitions.
    Is it an excuse? No way, there is a certain threshold one shouldn't cross to avoid doing stupid things.

• No. If you drive drunk and kill someone a court of law would laugh at the "I was drunk, people do stupid things when they are drunk" defense.

• I voted yes, I mean everyone makes mistakes. I've gotten a little carried away with drugs and alcohol back in my day, you know your out having a good time, and bam it catches up with you. Everyone slips up from time to time, or at least I do.

• No way Jose

• no, because if you got intoxicated it's still your fault

• No, is further another sign of weakness.

• There's a reason I don't touch alcohol.

• It explains the behavior; it doesn't excuse it.

• Of course not

• Yes when your a woman it absoves you of any responsibility for your own actions when it comes to sex and means your a rape victims even though 99%of the time it was consensual but you couldn't remember or were not sure so it was rape naturally. If your a man then your a rapist.

• Yes and no. If it's at a party then yes. If it is just because you want to dull your senses for example because you feel like having a drink or because you have problems then no it isn't.

• If you're a woman, yes.
    If you're a man, no.

What Girls Said 8

• Not an excuse to get yourself to that point where you lose control of your better judgement and start making shitty decisions.

• Yes and no.

• To an extent I guess, like jump in the pool naked in the middle of winter but anything that has a hurtful effect on yourself or others hell no.

• No, but more often than not it's a cause.

• Excuse? NO. Catalyst? OFTEN.

"Hey... y'all watch this!".

• No. never. If you use it as an excuse then you are just immature.

• of course not unless they were drugged

• it depends on what it is.. if you said some weird shit, then yeah, bu if you cheated then hell noo