Would you ever eat dogs and/or cats?

• Been there, done that
  • Yes, I would
  • No, I wouldn't
JUST FOR FUN
NOT FOR SURVIVAL

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 41

• BEEN THERE DONE THAT!

SOME EUROPEANS EAT HORSE
    SOME AUSTRALIANS EAT KANGAROO

PLENTY OF PEOPLE HAVE PET FISHES AND A LOT OF PEOPLE EAT FISH! WHY DON'T PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT THAT! ? THEY HAVE FEELINGS TOO! AT LEAST FISH WILL NEVER RUN AWAY FROM YOU!

• Meat is meat. People around the world eat animals that western society does not consider food (snakes, insects, horse, alligator).

Dogs and cats are the most common pets here, so our brains do not perceive them to be food. That is the only reason westerners feel squeamish when they think of eating dogs. In societies where an animal is an uncommon pet, it can and will be perceived as food.

Take for example rabbits, ducks, pigs... very uncommon pets compared to cats/dogs. And people will eat them without a thought. So if you are strong-minded enough to not be influenced by society's preconceived notion of what animal can or cannot be eaten, a dog is just as yummy as a cow.

• I could never do that! Chinese people eat dogs, though. That's straight from my mum's friend Qinglan. I don't know about cats. I hope not. If Justacatlady were still here, she'd be horrified!

• Not all of them, just the bad ones 😒

• @meowcow They're all bad for eating dead animals!

• sure... lions and tigers and bears must be bad too then.

• Gross. I rather die easier than go through severe stomach pain and who knows what from eating cats or dogs.

• And horse meat?
      And those nice lambs?

• By what logic do you conclude that you would get severe stomach pain and "who knows what" from eating cats or dogs?

Why would you get stomach pains from eating cats and dogs but not from all the other animals we eat like cows, chicken, fish, rabbit, venison (deer), moose, duck...

• I don't "Conclude", I just don't wanna risk it because I used to have stomach problems and now I do everything I can to avoid them. Since I don't know what my reaction would be towards eating cats or dogs I am too scared of trying.

• Already did. I went to China on a training trip for one of my college ROTC labs. Me and my buddies saw this small market where they had cats obviously cooked rotating on a pole inside glass like rotisserie chicken. They would then shave some meat of with a knife wrap it up and put it in a bag. Im not gonna lie, it was really good. But i compose myself in the US and keep cats and dogs as pets. I have a dog right now i love dearly.

• I wouldn't but I think you must have heard about "Yulin" festival.

• uhh hell no

• Sure, why not.

• I would have to be near starvation before I could eat them

• No, because I'm a vegetarian.

• No ways in hell would I do that. I know that it's a normal practice to do in many Asian countries, but I'll kindly pass...

• I know some countries do it but I couldn't - They are pets.

• In times of duress, why not?
    But would it be good meat? I doubt it.

• I actually heard they taste good. First hand from a friend :/

• Only if I had no other choice.

• Dogs yes, cat ewww no.
    www.daytonaradio.com/.../dogs.jpg

• ... I don't see why not. I'd try them once to see if I like them at least.

• I honestly do not know, I might, I might not.

• If i could die soon but i would never hunt or kill any animal unless there was literally no food and i was stranded in a foraging situation.

• I'm a huge cat lover, but I'd eat one if I was ever over in the Orient. It's no different than eating literally any other animal.

• I'd have to be starving and it wouldn't be my own dog.

• Why is this a question…? BECAUSE IT HAS TO BEEE!!!

Nah dood I'd rather eat myself

• Sorry I can't
    I cuddled with too many

• I'd eat humans... cannibalism is A ok in my book... I dream of a society where cannibal dietitians are in business and are considered upstanding members of society

• As long as it's safe, I don't care.

• Awwwh no don't make me cry :'(

• if it was between them and me starving I would eat them

• Not casually, but if it was a question of reading them or starving to death, I'd eat them.

• Eat dogs or cats? 😕😕😕😕😕dafauq who does that

• @Ihav2fart does that!!!

• @Ihav2fart nope sheep , cows , chickens , hens are made for this they r farm animals we call it soenthing in Arabic but I don't know it's translation, and dogs and cats and horses and camels got important benfits more than being a food can u tell me the benfit of the other animals I mentioned besides eating using their fur or their skin and using them in farm?

• Actually cows can be more useful for farm work than just meat to be eaten while cats do not really have much benefit to humans. Yet, we eat beef.
      For dogs, other than hunting and herding they also technically do not serve us any other benefits.

Also, in cultures where dog and cat is eaten those animals ARE farm raised as meat.. they do not just eat random domesticated house pets. It's just ignorant people who do not know otherwise.

Sure, there are fucked up individuals who steal peoples "pet" and eat them as food but they are not even close to the majority and do not represent the people in the culture that does eat those certain animals.

Just because one culture does not eat a certain thing does not mean other cultures that do is "wrong".

Hindus do NOT eat beef... they worship the cow. Do you see them going around saying how it's disgusting that you're eating their god?

• im veggie so personally no but i can't understand why meat eaters should get so uptight about it

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 25

• Lol at all the people commenting on how sad it would be.. So if the animals cute it doesn't deserve to die? OOOOkay

• Heck no way. The only animals meat I could bear to eat is pork, chicken and fish.. I'd eat it tho, if I have no other choices left and I need to survive.

Anyways, there's plenty of people back in Malaysia that catches stray dogs to eat (by the people, I mean the Vietnamese that had came to stay in Msia). Many Oz eats kangaroos too. And definitely many people eat mutton and beef as well. I personally think that all animals are equal in a sense that one shouldn't just protect a kind of animal and others are being eaten. (If whatever I said made sense..)

... and yeah, I voted B. Cause like I said, I'd eat them in cases of survival.

• Apparently, some ethnic cuisines use dog and cat meat in preparing some dishes... I've heard dog meat tastes like lamb, while cat meat tastes like rabbit... weird... but I wouldn't eat it anyway.

• If I have to survive I would lol

• Yeah sure. I don't think any particular animal has more worth than another. In other cultures they worship/respect different types of animals (e. g. India with the cow) and would never eat them. The western world is the same with dogs and cats. I see no difference between pig meat and dog/cat meat.

• No, I wouldn't... You got this from the hunger games book didn't you?

• I dissected a cat before, and wanted to vomit. Hell noooooo to either.

• I knew this question would come up! :D

No I would not. I rather starve to death and let my cat eat me than me eating them. lol

• JUST FOR FUN? WhAT?

No

• Would the meat be safe anyway? I heard somewhere that carnivorous meat isn't healthy for human consumption because it has bacteria and probably tapeworms.

• No, I just recently got another puppy too (well the family's but I'm the only one who's training him) so that makes two inedible dogs. Why these bizarre questions? 😀

• I would not. I just simply would not. They are pets in my eyes.

• No way, I don't eat pets

• I would if I had to. I'm vegan but if I had to eat some kind of meat I would if it meant my survival.

• No thank you.

• No, I wouldn't.

• I have wanted to try fried cat

• Yes I would. Why not? Japanese restaurants serve it

• Nope, I don't think I can. :p

• No! It's as disgusting as eating a small child. 😷

• Noooo I would be so sad. :'(

• No, I wouldn't that would be so sad :(

• What people voted A? Omg, are you for real?

• No freaking way

• Nope never!!