Humans have made many animals extinct, so why can't we kill off things like box jellyfish and poisonous spiders?

Here's a link showing some of the animals we've forced into extinction:

Extinct Animals

So given that we've done such a good job of killing off these, why do we still have to put up with things like box jellyfish and poisonous spiders and other abnoxious pests that do us no good?

Most Helpful Girl

• They can if they wanted to, but the world doesn't really know.

They can make spicy jelly fish soup

They can barbecue hairy tarantula with Soya sauce.

Most Helpful Guy

• it is easy to drive larger animals to extinction than it is smaller ones

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• All spiders are venomous but do a great service in keeping other bugs under control. I had a jumping spider that lived in my livingroom window and when a fly would find its way inside and buzz around the window it was lunch. He was more efficient than me with a fly swatter. I don't know how you'd kill off box jellyfish other than strain the entire ocean

• Yeah but we could kill all the spiders which are deadly to humans and the others would take their place. There's no need for spiders which are THAT poisonous.

• An acquaintance had to stay 2 weeks in hospital after an encounter with a jellyfish. I don't know which sort it was.

• Most animals which we have 'made' extinct whether it's been direct such as hunting or indirect through habitat destruction for example were not done for the sake of bring the animal to extinction.

All types of animal life are preserved because in the future the animal may have a beneficial use, even if it's just studying their behaviour.
    For example poisonous spiders are used to study toxins which may be used to create medicines and or cures for diseases.

• 1. It could imbalance the ecosystem and potentially fuck up the whole planet.
    2. It would cost too much.