Would you be insulted if I called you "they"?

A guy in my class was talking about Caitlin Jenner with his friends and they were like insulting her and calling her a him. Which annoyed me soo much because I have a couple Trans friends/queer friends, and I myself am bisexual, so I want to get revenge on him. So I'm wondering if calling him they, which people use, would work. (I can't say she because I would get in soo much trouble)

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate people like that. If it is a guy you could start calling him her/she and when someone asks why just say "well she insists on using the wrong pronoun so I will too."

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 6

• Well technically transgender people ARE the sex they were born with no matter how they feel about it.

But I've been using "they" as the gender neutral pronoun for a while now, it's actually pretty useful.

• I won't be part of other peoples delusions either, but they can call themselves what they want.

And no, "they" in not offensive.

• Honestly he probably wouldn't notice or care. Being called they wouldn't bother most guys at all.

• Yes that's very insulting. I'm not one of them, I'm the one and only me.

• Being bi and being that sick confuzed bruce Jenner dramma faggot are two differant things.
    That sick Jenner is just SICK ! It doesn't see itself as bi gay or strait. Doesn't even call itself a gay. Relates to all the other trans people as them being in a dif catogory. None he / it fits into.
    Just a publicisty stunt !
    Calling who ever " they" won't do a thing in your case. Makes little to no scense.

• Not everyone has the same opinion as you. Just accept it and move on.
    I'm assuming they're teenage boys?

And what's the big deal if there say him instead of her, I'm sure all trans people were called that at some point.

What Girls Said 5

• Everyone's entitled toward their opinions on transgender and don't have to abide by socially acceptable ways of describing catylin/Bruce Jenner he/her cannot change what they are and expect everybody to accept it

• some people's opinions are wrong and deserve to be mocked and generally shat on.

caitlyn jenner is a woman, and you're an idiot

• And I would let you be a cat if you truly wanted to. So let CAITLYN be the woman she really is.

• Lmfao I was just originally stating that everyone's entitled to their opinions and plotting revenge for them expressing their rights is immature

• Call him "it" instead. Far more insulting to be thought of as an object instead of a human entity.

• no, they's just normal, everyone says they. why not kick him in the dick? it's much more efficient.

• Very nice, but Id get so much shit for that...

• Don't stoop to his level. Be the bigger person. He'll soon realize that people like him are looked down upon in today's society. Don't try to get revenge or anything, he's probably young and trying to impress his friends. Karma will bite him in the ass, just let things happen on their own.

• They are still in high school, do you think they know any better?