How many GaGers are actually younger than the age they post on their profiles?

There are somethings that you pick up on that seem a bit off...20-year old people mentioning that they were in class and the teacher did something, or describing the behaviour of a crush that doesn't seem like adult behaviour... or even posting pics of what seems to be a person miraculously blessed with a teenage-appearing face... or am I just being suspicious?

• Yes, there are a lot of under-18 GaGers posing as adults;
  • No, Shaft, you're just being ridiculously suspicious with this crazy theory;
  • I don't really care... I'll take it at face value.
  • I'm so confused... I didn't even notice!
Does being under 18 really have that much impact on what can be posted? Or is it more about how they are perceived?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 19

• For some reason people think they have to be over 18 to use the site so it's pretty common. We always find out eventually so it's easier if they just tell the trust or ask the admins to change it themselves through contact. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

• Ehh, it's not uncommon here for 20 year olds to have class, so that wouldn't tip me off. Maybe the 'teacher' bit because we probably wouldn't call them that at that age, but I guess that would be a big jump. But if someone seems very immature, then I will doubt the age they put on their profile.

• There are SO many of them. I often find people under 18 claiming to be under 18 in their questions when their profile states above it.
    Honestly, it's really stupid.

• Yeah so i'm obviously not lying but I feel like some underage GaGers like me pretend to be young adults because some adults diss teens on here saying that they're not educated enough or not experienced, etc. Which can actually be false. But I mean GaG isn't just made for like people over 18. We all should join in on the fun :P

• I can appreciate that everyone's life experiences are varied and some teens have been through a lot more than some adults...

• Yes it can be true! But I do mostly agree that older people have much more experience usually and with age can come great wisdom, but it is usually like 18-25 year olds doing it, which really don't have much more life experience than teens do, but it really varies on the person!

• I'm actually 14

• Yes, there are a lot of under-18 GaGers posing as adults; BUT i am in college and I can tell the dif by the way hs and college classes.

• Nope, my age is correct, just turned 25 last Monday! That being said, I do get mistaken for 18 years old often.

• There are a lot of children who do so. It's because they can't post in the sexual topics if they're under 18.

• I'm actually 18. I honestly put the wrong year of birth on here and to my surprise I came up as 19 when GaG first put the actual age of people on profiles. I keep meaning to fix it, but I'm too lazy to message admin.

• I wish I was.

• Yeah it's how they are perceived. I saw some under 18 users complaining that older users didn't take there advice seriously because of their age. This happened to me once when a user 3 years older then me said I didn't know what I was talking about because of my age.

• That's ridiculous... it wasn't because of your age, it was because you didn't agree with that person's point of view... the age was just a cop out on his part

• Heh, you're probably right. I just ignored him.

• I don't know why they do that like I'll gladly flaunt my age around I like how this site allows us under agers with open arms

• So true... I would be of the opinion that I could have an opinion on here regardless of my age... credibility? Pfft! Who cares? I get to express myself...(okay, I went a bit far with the credibility, but you get my point)

• I find that most people on this website are not only younger than they claim but they are quite stupid. The stupidity here abounds

• So, if ignorance is bliss, this is a blissful website?

• Well I am actually 16, but yeah there's a bunch of twelve years olds who say they're 18 or something so that they won't get detected by the g@g system.

• i would've put younger but... lazy

• I'm actually 20, not 21. It feels so good to get that off my chest. Whew!

• I know... freedom comes from confession... next therapy session will be this time next week :-)

• It took you this long to realize whats been going on.

• No, it just took me this long to bother posting a question about it

• Yes it's pretty obvious at times eh?

• Yes, indeed... I wish I could post that I was younger but it wouldn't be believable...

• There are quite a few under 18's with false ages.

• I'm 18. I just wanted to feel younger. 😭

What Guys Said 7

• Not too many I think but there are several. Either way, there's no way to monitor this unfortunately.

• I wish I were :(

• I'm actually 17 guys. Sorry to break your hearts.

• There are definitely some 18-20 year olds that are really under 18, happens all the time

• I suppose it's not that much different than nightclubbing, hey

• Story of ma life

• For a while I was fourteen and gag said I was 15!

• I knew a girl who was 24, and when she signed up she accidentally missed the two and hit the 4 twice so everyone kept complimenting that she looked absolutely stunning for a 44-year old

• Lol poor her

Did she get a new account?

• Nah, she just stopped using GaG... she said she got bored of it

• I'm actually 7