How expensive is it to live in an apartment in YOUR CITY?

Is it quite costly? whats about the cheapest they go in your city?

Say what city you live in too

Most Helpful Girl

• Cheapest...250 without utilities for one roommate. Cheapest place I've seen is 500 for a 2 bed 1 bath. Not bad.

Most expensive, about 900 for everything. (But I've not looked at beach condos, only things in my college town)

I live in SC

It's hella cheap here if you have a job, no kids, a cheap car, and are only fending for yourself and maybe a dog or cat.

Alas, I'm but a broke college student with 17 credit hours and a part time. So, I have to get mom to help pay for my cheap little apartment share.

• Lol, it's pretty expensive elsewhere in the world. Thanks for mhg

Most Helpful Guy

• I live in a pretty small town right now, only about 16,000 people, near Springfield in Western Massachusetts, which might be the biggest hellhole in the state, haha. There are 5 colleges in the area, including UMass, a huge state school (and my alma mater... ZOOMass, whuttttt?🙌🍻) so they gouge the captive audience on rent. I'm in a 2 bedroom townhouse that also has a private basement area separate from the common area basement where the laundry machines are, and it's ABSURDLY cheap for the area, only $800 a month. The landlord is kind of just a handyman that made an investment in a row of townhouses, but he could charge much more. I'm literally ten minutes from my last apartment, also a 2 bedroom, but on one floor and no private basement, just over the line into the next town, and it was $1100 a month!!! So moving here was a no brainer, it's bigger and cheaper. The cheapest place I had out here was in the hood in the next city over and people were getting shot on my street, haha. That one was $600 a month for essentially a studio, but I cheap wall was up, so it was like a one bedroom efficiency apartment. But sitting on the couch and being two feet from my stove wasn't really my scene, but it was ok for a single guy to shower and sleep. Literally impossible to have friends over though, haha. Capacity was a hard "2." Still better than getting scalped for an apartment close to UMass though. And where I'm originally from, in Boston, forget about it. $1100 a month won't get you a warm doorway. It's not quite NYC prices, but still ridiculously expensive.

What Girls Said 24

• Depends, downtown in non convenient places you could find some for 1 bedroom 900 a month. But if you want to live in lets say a condo in the middle of downtown it can be 1900 a month. You could also find a 2 bedroom for 2200.

• Where I live in London (UK) currently (converting it to USD), my friends who live in a shared flat (with strangers and shared bathroom) is about 750$-900$ a month. And they're not even that nice tbh (mould and everything)... A 1 bedroom flat for oneself would start at about 1000$, goes up a hella lot the more bedrooms you add to it.
    Yes, its crazy. And yes, young people have hardly a future of owning their own place here. 😔
    And prices are sky rocketing like crazy as the rich Chinese are buying up the properties here. 😪 And the houses and apartments here aren't even nice, they're so old and breaking apart... 😓

• Oh come on there's no way you could get a 1 room flat in London for 1k US. What part?

I do business with Lloyd's everyday and I remember an intern was renting a room in a flat for about 950£

• @sjoes006 I know in South London there is... But they are real shit quality for the most part 😂Central London, no way in hell 😂

• My definition of expensive is different. I live in a poor average small apartment complex. I don't much about apartment but then can go as 50,000... i live where most low class folk my mom pay 700 a month but we share living expenses with her husband!

• Depends on what part of the city you're in. Living in the downtown area is probably the most expensive.

• Around 500$ a month is standard for a 1 bedroom.
    I'm renting a house (with my fiance and two roommates) and we pay 1000$ a month, and its a way nice house.

• A studio in Denver is usually around $800-$1,100 (the $800 ones are hard to find) and a single bedroom apartment is about $1,200+ I haven't even looked at the prices for two-bedrooms or more -.-

• its new York so its so high that it honestly makes no sense. a regular studio apartment is like 2500 a month.

• Luxary 1 bedroom apt. around 150$ a month, maybe 200$ top if in downtown area. Serbia (Europe) here! :D But our average salaries are around 300$ a month.

• That's ridiculous.

• Da secam se svoje prve plate od 16 000 :D
      A i da koliko radi kod kineza i po prodavnicama za 15 a to je veoma daleko od 30.

• Ridiculously expensive and it's a pretty crap city.

• Where I live in Detroit they range anywhere from $500 to $1600 a month. I have a studio apartment for almost $800 a month.

• 800/month for a 1 bedroom. 500 for a studio.

• Damn, that's nice compared to Denver lol.

• As a broke college student I think it's expensive af lol @lePoivre

• Lol if I didn't live where I do, I would probably think it's expensive too (as I am a poor college student as well). I would kill for at least a studio that's under $800 here though.

• About $2,000 in the downtown area and $1,200 elsewhere for a 1/1

• I don't know for apartment cause the only apartments and condos I've seen were all at the south, and south is pree expensive cause there's amazing scenery there.

• As of August 2015, average apartment rent within 10 miles of Grand Rapids, MI is $957. One bedroom apartments in Grand Rapids rent for $768 a month on average and two bedroom apartment rents average $945

• cheapest: $750 for a simple 1 br
    most expensive: $1500 for a nicer 1br, or simply decent enough place that happens to be right on the beach.

• I'm from a small place. not a chance in hell am I saying where exactly.

• I love near Baltimore. I'd say it's about $900-1500 for an apartment, depending on the location.

• I live in the San Francisco area. The cheapest apartment is $1000 a month. Anything else is ghetto. Stay away from Frisco unless your student

• I dunno I don't live in an apartment but I have heard the rent has gone up and I'm gonna guess the average price is about 800-900 a month? For a two bedroom?

• I'd say average is around $1,200

• Gardnerville, Nevada is $575 for a 2 bedroom

• Very expensive like a 1 bedroom apartment is like $1,700

• 950 for studio, 1070 for one bed, 1200 for 2 bed, etc, just a room 450-550

• LA about $2500.00

• I live in a small town near Cincinnati. I think the cheapest apartment I've seen in the area is $450 for a small one-bedroom. Currently I live in a decent apartment and it's $650 for a two-bedroom.

What Guys Said 23

• i live near Philadelphia. there is a very large range. anywhere from about $600-800 per month for a studio to thousands of dollars per month... I'd say on average a 1 bedroom place goes for about 1,500-2,000 per month

those are all prices for nicer area. in the bad areas I'm sure you can get very cheap apartments

• My family rents 1 room apartment in Serbia city called Čačak smaller city of population of 73,000 for 80 Euro.

• to live in the actual city you will be paying about 2k a month to live in a shoe box.

• Like 300 at the cheapest

• $2000/month + costs , modern, middle class 2 bedrooms at 15 minutes from city center by subway.
    $700/month+costs 1 bedroom modern, middle class at 20 minutes by bus
    Apts in rather old houses far from the city center can go for less.

• my rent is 450 a month

• Depends on location and decency.

Some simple, small apartments (just bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, toilet) about $100/month.
    Decent apartments (say 2 rooms, kitchen, bathroom, toilet etc) is about $150-$250/month.
    Very good apartments about $250-$300/month (multiple rooms, guest room etc).
    Really good / "luxurious"-level apartments range within $350+/month and about up to $500/month.

Just throw in some extra $20-$50 depending on how close apartments are to city center.

• In Toronto you're looking at a minimum of $700pcm for a crappy bachelor or one bedroom apartment, probably in a basement, probably in a sketchy neighbourhood.

• A 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment here costs an average of $700. And I live right by Orlando, Florida.

• Depends on where in the city you're going for. It's more expensive around here than some other places though

• About $1800 plus utilities. Across the golden gate bridge in the city it's generally $3000 or more unless you get a studio.

• For an actual apartment at least 700-800, might be able to find a room for 500

I live in Niagara Falls

• Here in NC around $300 to $500 a month depending on the town and neighborhood. Charlotte, Asheville, Greensboro, Raleigh, Winston Salem, etc... Maybe higher. It all pretty much depends on the neighborhood and amenities

• New Brunswick, Canada. Cheapest is about 425 CAD$ a month, sometimes including utilities, sometimes not, depends on the lord.

• i don't think we really have apartments, but they're expensive as shit probably.

• $685 for a studio in the downtown area where you could walk to everything with some utilities included. Maybe 500 is findable but not as nice and sharing space.

• 400 hundred for a dump of a apartment in a shitty neighborhood. 600 in a decent neighborhood.

• Average rent in Richmond, VA is $1037.

• the one in which I live costs around $1000 per month

• 1500-1800 for a one bedroom in west la... i'm paying $1750 for 950sq ft.

• Everything from 200-300$ to 1000-2000$ a month. avg. is like 700-1000$

• I have my own bungalow so no idea. I live in Delhi NCR.

• I live in the Phoenix (Tempe) area. It's like around $800 for a one bedroom but I imagine it's much more expensive in downtown phoenix.