How expensive is it to live in an apartment in YOUR CITY?

Is it quite costly? whats about the cheapest they go in your city?

Updates:
Say what city you live in too

0|0
25|24

Most Helpful Girl

• Cheapest...250 without utilities for one roommate. Cheapest place I've seen is 500 for a 2 bed 1 bath. Not bad.

Most expensive, about 900 for everything. (But I've not looked at beach condos, only things in my college town)

I live in SC

It's hella cheap here if you have a job, no kids, a cheap car, and are only fending for yourself and maybe a dog or cat.

Alas, I'm but a broke college student with 17 credit hours and a part time. So, I have to get mom to help pay for my cheap little apartment share.

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol, it's pretty expensive elsewhere in the world. Thanks for mhg

Most Helpful Guy

• I live in a pretty small town right now, only about 16,000 people, near Springfield in Western Massachusetts, which might be the biggest hellhole in the state, haha. There are 5 colleges in the area, including UMass, a huge state school (and my alma mater... ZOOMass, whuttttt?🙌🍻) so they gouge the captive audience on rent. I'm in a 2 bedroom townhouse that also has a private basement area separate from the common area basement where the laundry machines are, and it's ABSURDLY cheap for the area, only $800 a month. The landlord is kind of just a handyman that made an investment in a row of townhouses, but he could charge much more. I'm literally ten minutes from my last apartment, also a 2 bedroom, but on one floor and no private basement, just over the line into the next town, and it was $1100 a month!!! So moving here was a no brainer, it's bigger and cheaper. The cheapest place I had out here was in the hood in the next city over and people were getting shot on my street, haha. That one was $600 a month for essentially a studio, but I cheap wall was up, so it was like a one bedroom efficiency apartment. But sitting on the couch and being two feet from my stove wasn't really my scene, but it was ok for a single guy to shower and sleep. Literally impossible to have friends over though, haha. Capacity was a hard "2." Still better than getting scalped for an apartment close to UMass though. And where I'm originally from, in Boston, forget about it. $1100 a month won't get you a warm doorway. It's not quite NYC prices, but still ridiculously expensive.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 24

• Depends, downtown in non convenient places you could find some for 1 bedroom 900 a month. But if you want to live in lets say a condo in the middle of downtown it can be 1900 a month. You could also find a 2 bedroom for 2200.

0|1
    0|0
  • Where I live in London (UK) currently (converting it to USD), my friends who live in a shared flat (with strangers and shared bathroom) is about 750$-900$ a month. And they're not even that nice tbh (mould and everything)... A 1 bedroom flat for oneself would start at about 1000$, goes up a hella lot the more bedrooms you add to it.
    Yes, its crazy. And yes, young people have hardly a future of owning their own place here. 😔
    And prices are sky rocketing like crazy as the rich Chinese are buying up the properties here. 😪 And the houses and apartments here aren't even nice, they're so old and breaking apart... 😓

0|1
    0|0
    • Oh come on there's no way you could get a 1 room flat in London for 1k US. What part?

I do business with Lloyd's everyday and I remember an intern was renting a room in a flat for about 950£

• @sjoes006 I know in South London there is... But they are real shit quality for the most part 😂Central London, no way in hell 😂

• My definition of expensive is different. I live in a poor average small apartment complex. I don't much about apartment but then can go as 50,000... i live where most low class folk my mom pay 700 a month but we share living expenses with her husband!

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what part of the city you're in. Living in the downtown area is probably the most expensive.

0|1
    0|0
  • Around 500$ a month is standard for a 1 bedroom.
    I'm renting a house (with my fiance and two roommates) and we pay 1000$ a month, and its a way nice house.

0|1
    0|0
  • A studio in Denver is usually around $800-$1,100 (the $800 ones are hard to find) and a single bedroom apartment is about $1,200+ I haven't even looked at the prices for two-bedrooms or more -.-

0|1
    0|0
  • its new York so its so high that it honestly makes no sense. a regular studio apartment is like 2500 a month.

0|1
    0|0
  • Luxary 1 bedroom apt. around 150$ a month, maybe 200$ top if in downtown area. Serbia (Europe) here! :D But our average salaries are around 300$ a month.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's ridiculous.

• Show All
    • Da secam se svoje prve plate od 16 000 :D
      A i da koliko radi kod kineza i po prodavnicama za 15 a to je veoma daleko od 30.

• Ridiculously expensive and it's a pretty crap city.

0|1
    0|0
  • Where I live in Detroit they range anywhere from $500 to $1600 a month. I have a studio apartment for almost $800 a month.

0|0
    0|0
  • 800/month for a 1 bedroom. 500 for a studio.

0|0
    0|0
    • Damn, that's nice compared to Denver lol.

• As a broke college student I think it's expensive af lol @lePoivre

• Lol if I didn't live where I do, I would probably think it's expensive too (as I am a poor college student as well). I would kill for at least a studio that's under $800 here though.

• About $2,000 in the downtown area and $1,200 elsewhere for a 1/1

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know for apartment cause the only apartments and condos I've seen were all at the south, and south is pree expensive cause there's amazing scenery there.

0|0
    0|0
  • As of August 2015, average apartment rent within 10 miles of Grand Rapids, MI is $957. One bedroom apartments in Grand Rapids rent for $768 a month on average and two bedroom apartment rents average $945

0|0
    0|0
  • cheapest: $750 for a simple 1 br
    most expensive: $1500 for a nicer 1br, or simply decent enough place that happens to be right on the beach.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm from a small place. not a chance in hell am I saying where exactly.

• I love near Baltimore. I'd say it's about $900-1500 for an apartment, depending on the location.

0|0
    0|0
  • I live in the San Francisco area. The cheapest apartment is $1000 a month. Anything else is ghetto. Stay away from Frisco unless your student

0|0
    0|0
  • I dunno I don't live in an apartment but I have heard the rent has gone up and I'm gonna guess the average price is about 800-900 a month? For a two bedroom?

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say average is around $1,200

0|0
    0|0
  • Gardnerville, Nevada is $575 for a 2 bedroom

0|1
    0|0
  • Very expensive like a 1 bedroom apartment is like $1,700

0|0
    0|0
  • 950 for studio, 1070 for one bed, 1200 for 2 bed, etc, just a room 450-550

0|0
    0|0
  • LA about $2500.00

0|0
    0|0
  • I live in a small town near Cincinnati. I think the cheapest apartment I've seen in the area is $450 for a small one-bedroom. Currently I live in a decent apartment and it's $650 for a two-bedroom.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 23

• i live near Philadelphia. there is a very large range. anywhere from about $600-800 per month for a studio to thousands of dollars per month... I'd say on average a 1 bedroom place goes for about 1,500-2,000 per month

those are all prices for nicer area. in the bad areas I'm sure you can get very cheap apartments

0|0
    0|0
  • My family rents 1 room apartment in Serbia city called Čačak smaller city of population of 73,000 for 80 Euro.

0|1
    0|0
  • to live in the actual city you will be paying about 2k a month to live in a shoe box.

0|1
    0|0
  • Like 300 at the cheapest

0|1
    0|0
  • $2000/month + costs , modern, middle class 2 bedrooms at 15 minutes from city center by subway.
    $700/month+costs 1 bedroom modern, middle class at 20 minutes by bus
    Apts in rather old houses far from the city center can go for less.

0|0
    0|0
  • my rent is 450 a month

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on location and decency.

Some simple, small apartments (just bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, toilet) about $100/month.
    Decent apartments (say 2 rooms, kitchen, bathroom, toilet etc) is about $150-$250/month.
    Very good apartments about $250-$300/month (multiple rooms, guest room etc).
    Really good / "luxurious"-level apartments range within $350+/month and about up to $500/month.

Just throw in some extra $20-$50 depending on how close apartments are to city center.

0|0
    0|0
  • In Toronto you're looking at a minimum of $700pcm for a crappy bachelor or one bedroom apartment, probably in a basement, probably in a sketchy neighbourhood.

0|0
    0|0
  • A 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment here costs an average of $700. And I live right by Orlando, Florida.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on where in the city you're going for. It's more expensive around here than some other places though

0|0
    0|0
  • About $1800 plus utilities. Across the golden gate bridge in the city it's generally $3000 or more unless you get a studio.

0|0
    0|0
  • For an actual apartment at least 700-800, might be able to find a room for 500

I live in Niagara Falls

0|0
    0|0
  • Here in NC around $300 to $500 a month depending on the town and neighborhood. Charlotte, Asheville, Greensboro, Raleigh, Winston Salem, etc... Maybe higher. It all pretty much depends on the neighborhood and amenities

0|0
    0|0
  • New Brunswick, Canada. Cheapest is about 425 CAD$ a month, sometimes including utilities, sometimes not, depends on the lord.

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't think we really have apartments, but they're expensive as shit probably.

0|0
    0|0
  • $685 for a studio in the downtown area where you could walk to everything with some utilities included. Maybe 500 is findable but not as nice and sharing space.

0|0
    0|0
  • 400 hundred for a dump of a apartment in a shitty neighborhood. 600 in a decent neighborhood.

0|0
    0|0
  • Average rent in Richmond, VA is $1037.

0|0
    0|0
  • the one in which I live costs around $1000 per month

0|0
    0|0
  • 1500-1800 for a one bedroom in west la... i'm paying $1750 for 950sq ft.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everything from 200-300$ to 1000-2000$ a month. avg. is like 700-1000$

0|0
    0|0
  • I have my own bungalow so no idea. I live in Delhi NCR.

0|0
    0|0
  • I live in the Phoenix (Tempe) area. It's like around $800 for a one bedroom but I imagine it's much more expensive in downtown phoenix.

0|0
    0|0