Is it weird that I rarely turn any lights on in my house?

I just don't really see a point in turning them on honestly. Plus, i kinda like it in the dark sometimes. Is that weird?

Hey, at least my electric bill is usually pretty low 😅

• Weird
    29% (6)15% (2)24% (8)Vote
  • Normal
    71% (15)85% (11)76% (26)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
7|4

Most Helpful Girl

• I never really have lights on either. Only when I can't see where I'm going lol

1|1
    0|0
    • Yeah, if I'm just chilling i never have 'em on, but if i need to see then i turn on a lamp or something.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm the same.

0|1
    0|0
    • Good to hear that I'm not the only one lol

What Girls Said 6

• I like the dark also... I do t think it's weird... but hubby always has all the lights on so to him its weird...

0|0
    0|0
  • you don't get scared? that is... awesome lol. when i'm home alone, i leave the kitchen lights on and the dining room where i usually do my work. i don't mind if the rest of the house is dark, but if i'm going to go to a different room, i will put on the lights as i move along.

0|0
    0|0
    • I just don't like all the bright lights on. I usually get enough light from my T. V., phone, or computer screen--but if not i might turn on like a lamp or something.

I prefer not to have such bright lights, but it doesn't have to be completely dark either. Dim lights are fine.

• gotcha, that makes sense. i actually prefer that as well. lamps and such are better if i'm just watching something and not actively working.

• Funny cause I'm the same way. The only light that'll get turned on will be the one in the room i'm in. If I leave, I turn it off. My hall way is always dark because I can see around it. Plus my place is 60% glass anyways.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not weird at all, I also prefer darkness ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • No I'm the same way. If it's not sunlight, it bothers me.

0|1
    0|0
  • i think its normal

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• consider what hydro rates are these days this might not be a bad idea

0|1
    0|0
  • Sounds uncommon, but not weird to me.
    A dark room is especially nice for tv like in a movie theater.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not weird at all. If people judge you because of it, at least you're saving electric bill right?

0|1
    0|0
    • That's what I'm saying! Lol

• How much is your monthly electric bill anyway? Might as well start doing this.

• Please also tell me your water bill.