Do you think suicide is ever the answer?

I think it's the answer if maybe you're really sick and your sickness is only going to get worse and worse. I think suicide is okay then because you might not want to suffer through the illness if it's just going to kill you anyway.
I can't stand it when people are like "Oh I'm so ugly, I'm gonna kill myself!1!1!" or if they want to kill themself because of any other first world problem like that.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think an 'end of life' center is a great idea. Terminally ill people or those in unbearable pain should be able to go out on their own terms. Older couples in their 80's or 90's whose quality of life had diminished could go together, holding hands. It sounds much more peaceful and happy than dying in a slow, agonizing, drawn out fight to the finish. And the end result is the same. But there should be a panel of professionals making the decision on who qualifies. "I'm not attractive enough" or "life is soooo hard" are not valid reasons. Those people just need to get their priorities in order. Or get some physical/mental help; I am not discounting depression as a very real illness by saying that. But it can be treated successfully. Just like cancer or diabetes, it's really a matter of finding the right combination of treatments.

What Girls Said 9

• I just got news today that a guy I talked to pretty extensively 6 or so years ago killed himself Saturday.

Despite not having spoken to him in forever, it still jarred me. Looking at the posts of grieving people on his Facebook choked me up.

Suicide is never alright. Ever.

• I don't think it solves anything. Even though I have considered it, I know it's not the answer. You end up just ruining other people's lives because they have to miss you & deal with the pain

• Kudos to you for hanging on and making the right decision. I think all of us have considered it at one time or another. Life is pretty tough at times. But it's so worth it to hang in there!

• Oh I acutal want to kill myself because I just get worse... I have nothing to live for... my heart is just done and I just don't care.

• But I love gag to much!!!

• If you aren't taking medication, make an appointment with your doctor and start taking some. It might take a few different tries before you find one that works best. Don't give up. The people most successful in treating depression have used a combination of medication and therapy. So if medicine alone isn't working, try that.

• @MargaritaPeach yeah thats what i plan to do.

• I agree with what you said. It's sad sometimes some people don't have the right guidance in their lives and do end up taking their lives.

• I don't think suicide is the answer even during sickness.

• Nope because it doesn't solve anything.

• No, the world is rough only the strong survive, and for illness miracles happen all the time,

• no I don't believe it's ever the answer. even if you're sick.

• I mean the "first world" people who do that/or say that stuff... they set other people into depression, opening that realization for others. And because of one little thing, they would breakdown, thinking about it...

What Guys Said 19

• Its a permanent solution to a temporary problem

• I am sort of dealing with this now. My mother had a massive stroke, to the point where her right side, half of her body, is paralyzed and she can no longer speak. The stroke appears to have wiped out those parts of the brain, and she is not going to recover. She is bedridden, in adult diapers and dependent on a full time nurse, and cries often. Dad and I just *know* that she wishes she could go to sleep and not wake up, and we are hoping for that day to come soon, as she is eating less and less by choice and getting more and more emaciated. It has been six months of this now. Not to be ghoulish, but this is not how she wants to spend the rest of her days.

I originally was very much opposed to doctor assisted suicide on the grounds that abuses just seemed too easy--bump off grandma for the insurance money! :P But I am having second thoughts, to say the least.

• If your sick or diseased then yes I think you should have the choice as anyone else should, but otherwise I don't think it is something you should do.

• Noooo!! Suicide is never, ever, ever the answer to anything at all! All problems can be fixed in life!

Some problems take more time and effort than others, but anything can be fixed if enough of their mind and heart are put into it!

Everyone must always remember this!

• Damn right if you became homeless (as a man), got 25+ mandatory years in prison (if you were already 20+ years of age or older since the good years of life would have already passed you by) or some painful/terminal illness (suicide headaches) you may as well OFF yourself.
    i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• I think suicidal people are depressed cowards.

Think about it--say I'm suicidal. I'm alone, broke, no hope of a better future, etc. So I might kill myself.

So why don't I go rob a bank or something? What's the worse that will happen? I'll die? Well, if I'm suicidal, then being afraid of death would be like a skydiver being afraid of jumping out of a plane, right?

If you actually want to kill yourself, you can do whatever you want. Because no one can do anything to you worse than you already want to do to yourself.

• Nah. If you were gonna kill yourself anyway, why not just go party and fuck around and do whatever you want first? Do that until you
    a) get arrested (then kill yourself)
    b) get killed
    c) find happiness (and not kill yourself)

• I remember robin williams saying "Suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems"
    For some reason that sentence has been stuck with me or a long time.
    And i have found this really amazing advice i have kept in my mind my whole life if you're not happy where you are, move you're not a tree. Suicide is not an answer there is always a solution no matter how hard it is.

• And yet, what did he do?

• @Curmudgeon I am talking about what impression he had on me not considering his decision to end his life, he must have suffered greatly.
      But back in my mind i've always believe weak minded people tend to fall into deep depression, i strongly believe that could never happen to me, but that is a different story.

• Suicide is a final solution to a temporary problem.

Exception would be the extreme cases such as your example.

• I agree, the only time I find suicide an acceptable solution is if the person is terminally ill that will die a slow painful death. other than that it is a cowards way out

• I was suffering from suicidal thought for 5 years but then i finally found the light switch in that dark tunnel N sometimes i run out of battery but i just gotta feel the dark cold ground for a new pair once in a while.

• Having lost one of my family to suicide very recently i can say that although we may all believe suicide is pointless but for the people that do it, they genuine believe that is the only way out

• Terminally ill and in great pain yes. Everyone else is just a selfish loser.

• Certainly. If you're a spy about to be captured by the enemy, it's smart to take a suicide pill.

• In some cases yes it is.

• Definitely I think it is. I hate being alive so I support anyone's decision to kill themselves.

• I don't think it's a good answer for young people, but if you have a disease that is seriously debilitating, or are disabled mentally/physically and choose to do so, that is your human right.

• no it isn't

• The woods are lovely dark and deep... but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep...