My dad is pissed off because I sleep a certain way.. is this crazy?

So I recently moved out for two months and It didn't work ouwith the person I was living with so basically less than two weeks ago I have been living back with my dad again. So today my dad has been complaining all day, he normally always does. he's older in his 60s. There were no sheets on the bed when I moved back in. My dad is pisses off because I basically sleep on the conforter instead of in the sheets. His exact words were, "thats not how we live, we disnt teach you to live dirty and like an animal." Do I sleep like a animal if i dont sleep under the sheets? I use a blanket, a huge one its fluffly and comfortable... I sleep better this way.. is this wrong?

• Your dad is crazy.
  • Your dad is right.

Most Helpful Guy

• your dad is cray, end of story.

Most Helpful Girl

• I sleep on top of a blanket on top of the comforter. I can't judge...

What Guys Said 10

• My guess would be that he is complaining like that because big fluffy blankets are a much bigger pain in the ass to wash. It's easy to strip off the sheets and fire them in the wash. The blankets usually go on top of the sheets, because you don't want to wash them - because it can bugger up their filling or they are not as comfy after or they just take too long to dry. Which might be why he thinks of it as dirty... he may figure you are not thinking about how it will wash, so he is assuming you are not planning on washing it. Which would be pretty gross. Sheets are basically like underwear for the bed, lol. Easier to clean, can keep your sweat and oils and shit off the things that are harder to clean or lose their colour more easily or whatever.

That would be my guess.

Or he is just crazy. Or he really loves sheets. I don't know, I've never talked to him about it. But I can see where he is coming from, anyway.

• This is true, and is the most likely reason your dad is upset.

• Well im an adult haha I would normally wash my own things but i guess...

• I don't sleep in the 'usual' kind of bed, but just a bunch of blankets and sheets, cuddling up like I feel!.
    He's your dad, and you are in his house, so you should follow his 'Rules', but if your 'personal' parts aren't showing, he should just let you like what you like, when you sleep.
    Just talk with him, and tell him that things are different, for you, and you feel better, more comfortable your way.
    Maybe you have to make up your bed 'Proper' in case some of his friends come around.
    Just talk, and find a compromise that you can both live with!

• old people get pissed off on little things... bear with him

• Sleeping between the sheets is the conventional thing that most people do, but if that does not work well for you, why not sleep on top of the comforter?

• your dad is crazy

• That's fucking weird.

• How I sleep or him? Haha

• Im not sure why... My family is strange and very judgmetal i feel like im living with queen elizabeth

• I honestly don't think Queen Elizabeth would be concerned about how you sleep!
      Good luck!

• Yeah that seems trivial.

• Most things are with him.

• That is a pretty weird way to sleep though, but whatever :P

• Its because comforters are far harder to wash, I still do this and get flak for it

• So he's mad cuz u don't put a cover on the matres?

• He's a jackass

• Yeah... anyine who meets him says that thats why i tried moving out

What Girls Said 5

• There's not a right or wrong way to sleep. Everyone has a different method.

• It depends on how you normally approach a problem in your family. I usually just listen to what my parents say in order avoid argument if I am not in an arguing mood. I still love em to death though.

If he wants you to sleep a certain way, maybe just do it for him, so it doesn't escalate.

• I don't like sleeping under sheets. I like sleeping on them.

• Most of us sleep in between them. Not on or under them.

• No I mean I like sleeping on the fitted sheet with my blanket over that. I don't like that other sheet.

• i think your dad lost his marbles while you where away.

• Wait, so you're not putting sheets on the bed and just putting the comforter on the mattress and sleeping on it like that?