When I tell people I drink eggnog and they're say but your only 15 what do they mean?

Am i not supposed to drink eggnog? I've been drinking it since i was in fifth grade.

Most Helpful Guy

• Either because usually it has alcohol in it (I assume yours does not) or also the fact it is considered kind of a gross drink... or at least an acquired taste older people have more than kids lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I first heard of eggnog from watching the, The Fairly Odd Parents Christmas episode many years ago.

As long as you are not drinking it mixed with alcohol, you are fine.

What Guys Said 6

• They probably think it's the one with the alcohol in it and not the regular one

• oh okay that makes since. I never knew it had rum! i always wondered why they wouldn't let me sip on theirs when my cup is empty when i was younger.

• oh why never but eggnog. my grandma makes it

• Oh that's why they give you some before they mix it them selves with rum, you probably never noticed them doing that but that's what most do with it on the holidays and special occasions

• There is no alcohol in it but some people do put it in there.

• BABAHHAHAHHA since ur in 15 grade cx

• Eggnog is supposed to be mixed with rum. That's where the comments are coming from

• they mean your underage to drink. but if you only drink the eggnog with out the good stuff, then there's nothing wrong with that

• They think you are drinking the traditional egg nog which has alcohol in it. Just tell them you are drinking the non alcoholic eggnog and you won't get these kind of comments.

What Girls Said 7

• It's often mixed with rum to make it an alcoholic drink, so that's why. But plain eggnog isn't alcoholic.

• Because eggnog is known to have rum in it, but obviously there is eggnog without it!

• Haha my son who is ten always asks for eggnog around the holidays. I think it's a required taste actually, to this day, I still hate the taste of it.

• Sometimes egg nog can have liquor in it.

• Eggnog sometimes has alcohol in it. I'm assuming the one you're drinking doesn't. It's probably that they think you're consuming alcohol and that you're underage

• Eww, eggnog is gross.
    But the regular eggnog is alcohol free, but its usually used to mix.

• Because traditionally it has alcohol in it