Random question: does anyone play guitar? Know any good places for lessons?

I'm getting better at guitar but not as good as I'd like to me. Any suggestions on a good cheap place to get lessons I don't have a lot of money but I have songs I've written I'd like to be able to play better for people.

Most Helpful Guy

• I play, but i do not read music or really understand how it all fits together. I would say that you have to look around your area. Sometimes the small instrument stores are goid or have better teachers who are really committed because its their livelihood. But bigger storrs may be cheaper. But they may all be about the same, plus see how much tine you get for the amount of money.

I learned a but from lessons, then i started using www.ultimateguitar.com for learning songs i like. Learned from tablature or tabs.

I also picked up books with chords in them, and was able to learn many chords that way.

I also wrote my own songs with guitar, bass guitar, and use computer drums program, and write my lyrics. Its aweso. e to create something nobody else can make a claim to.

I also learnd how to make an electric guitar last summer, and i am trying to make an electric bass guitar right now, but the process is slow.

Good luck with it, and dont get discouraged with it. Also it may be more fun to learn from tabs rather than musical notation. Or use both so you can learn the reason why and how it all works together. then with the tabs you can learn your favourite songs by other people, if he have been transcribed

Most Helpful Girl

• Youtube and is that an acoustic guitar and how much did it cost you? I am wondering because I want learn to play. As for classes, i suggest community college... they have classes I think cheap. Not sure how much but no more than 200 or some students actually charge you less. Just ask around... books... youtube... a college class...

What Guys Said 4

• YouTube. Lots of good (and bad) tutorials and lessons on youtube. The downside is it's not interactive and it's not great if you're looking for obscure or very specific information. But if there's a song you want to learn or a technique you want to learn, you can usually find a lesson on YouTube.

• If there are any music stores in your town, you can probably take lessons there or at least see adds/ask about finding a teacher. I don't know what the average rate is though.

Once you know the basics, it's completely possible to learn the rest yourself. You can even learn the basics yourself. What will teach you most is practice and learning the areas you need to improve in. You can buy books that teach the basic notes and scales... most of them are pretty good.

• Look up "Marty Schwartz" and "justin guitar".

• Yes I can play guitar. And I would like to know why you included a picture of yourself? How does that come into play here. I'd recommend going to your local music store and asking around, or your local university. A lot of universities will have music professors do 1 on 1 and group lessons. Good Luck!

• Haha oh yeah just got that guitar. It was the only pic I had of it on my phone sorry but thanks :)

What Girls Said 2